Join us on Saturday, March 11 for a private morning view of the exhibitions Tony Cragg: A Rare Category of Objects and Anne Purkiss: Sculptors at Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
The morning starts with a light breakfast on arrival, a welcome by senior curator Helen Pheby and a short introduction to the work of the two artists.
Following the introduction guests will have time to view the works of Tony Cragg before the exhibition opens to the public. The most expansive UK exhibition by the leading sculptor includes new sculptures, drawings and works drawn from nearly five decades of Cragg's practice.
From 9.45am guests will also have the opportunity to view Anne Purkiss: Sculptors, followed by a walking tour to see works by artists featured in the exhibition. This exhibition presents a collection of Purkiss' portrait photographs of sculptors, all of whom have exhibited at Yorkshire Sculpture Park over the last 40 years.
Following the private view guests can continue to explore Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Tickets include free all-day parking.
Please note, the walking tour will be on foot, as a result, disabled access will be limited.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
Images: Tony Cragg, Points of View, 2007. 550x150x150, bronze. Courtesy the artist. Photo Charles Duprat
Tony Cragg, Outspan, 2008. 190x200x124, bronze. Courtesy the artist. Photo Charles Duprat
Sophie Ryder, 2016. ©Anne Purkiss
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £10.
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email email@example.com