One lucky Times+ member will win a holiday for two people in St Lucia.
The winner and their guest will stay in a luxurious villa suite with private plunge pool at The Landings - a five star resort, situated on the soft sands of Rodney Bay, as well as enjoy a complimentary massage each at the Soleil Spa.
If you go in November you could take part in the St Lucia Triathlon. The triathlon starts at The Landings’ hotel beach with a swim in the calm Caribbean Sea and clear waters of Rodney Bay, followed by a challenging bike ride along the wild Atlantic coast and finishing with a picturesque run to the historic old fort on Pigeon Island. To register for this year’s St Lucia Triathlon on Saturday 22 November 2014, click here.
There will also be a number of fitness masterclasses with well-known athletes Daley Thompson, Sharron Davies and Steve Cram. Return flights with Virgin Atlantic from London Gatwick are included in the prize, courtesy of luxury travel specialists, Caribtours, as well as on-island transfers.
The prize includes a week’s half-board holiday for two, so you can enjoy the pre-race festivities of the St Lucia Triathlon if you choose to go in November, with fun runs, beach parties and boat trips, and of course, experience tropical paradise in St Lucia.
To enter the competition, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the entry button.
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners
2. This competition is only open to Times+ members.
3. Competition closes at midnight on September 7, 2014 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must click on 'enter competition' in the information box. To see the entry button you must be logged in.
6. There will be 1 winner. One prize per winner.
7. The winner(s) will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by email or phone or using the other contact details provided by the winner within 7 days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. The prize is seven nights’ Villa accommodation for two people in a two-bed Villa Suite at The Landings. One of the travelling party must be aged 18 or over in order to check into the hotel, and hold a current and valid credit/debit card with sufficient available funds which will be required in order to check in at the hotel for security deposit purposes. The prize also includes return private airport transfers from the airport to The Landings, One complimentary one-hour massage per person at the Soleil Spa, free registration for two people into the St Lucia Triathlon on Saturday 22 November 2014, two return economy seats from London Gatwick to Saint Lucia in November for the Triathlon. All breakfasts and dinners are included, to be taken at The Beach Club.
10. The winner and companion must travel together on the flights in both directions.
11. Children and infants under 12 years old are not eligible to travel on the prize winner’s ticket.
12. Once tickets have been issued they are valid for the flights/dates shown only. Lounge passes, frequent flyer points and upgrades are not permitted with these tickets.
13. The winner and their chosen companion must comply with all relevant customs, security and immigration requirements, including appropriate passport and visa requirements. The prize winner and the companion are responsible for holding a passport with at least six months validity. The Saint Lucia Tourist Board, Tri St Lucia and the airline will not be responsible for any passenger’s failure to comply with these requirements.
14. The prize does not include any insurance, travel to and from London airport, or any other expenses during the trip.
15. The prize must be redeemed between October and December 2014.
16. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
17. The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited.
18. General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
19. Staff of Journey Latin America, The Times and Peccadillo Pictures are not permitted to enter the competition.
*GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of NewsCorp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 3 Thomas More Square, London, E98 1XY, England, stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.
17. Competition rules published in publications of the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Website form part of these rules.