One lucky Times subscriber will win a luxury ten-night stay in Malaysian Borneo, courtesy of Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa and Royal Brunei Airlines.
Rasa Ria is located along the 3km Dalit beach and situated on 400 acres of land framed by two mangrove lined rivers. The winner and their guest will enjoy a stay in the resort’s exclusive Ocean Wing which faces the South China Sea, offering stunning sunset views from the expansive private balcony featuring an outdoor bathtub for two.
During the holiday there's plenty to keep the winner busy, including a horse-ride on the beach, a sunset firefly river tour and a jungle trek ending with a breakfast for two offering stunning views over Mount Kinabalu.
Rasa Ria has its own nature reserve nestled within 400 acres of tropical jungle and all watched over by Sabah’s iconic Mount Kinabalu. This unique combination of rainforest, beach and wildlife gives guests the opportunity to experience the highlights of Sabah all within the resort.
The flights are provided by Royal Brunei Airlines, guaranteeing Dreamliner service on all daily long-haul flights from London Heathrow. Every flight offers passengers an warm hospitality, and quiet, spacious cabins.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the entry button.
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners
2. This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
3. Competition closes at 23:59 on February 12, 2017 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
6. There is one winner and one prize.
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. The prize includes:
- Prize for 1 winner and their guest
- Prize is valid for a year but may not be taken during December or public holidays
- 10 nights’ accommodation in an exclusive Premier Ocean Wing room
- Return Economy flights from the UK with Royal Brunei
- Transfers from the airport to the hotel
- Breakfast daily either in bed or at onsite restaurant Oceano
- Daily adults-only pre-dinner drinks and canapes
- Complimentary buffet dinner for two adults at either Coffee Terrace or Tepi Laut restaurant each night
- Daily food credit of MYR100 per day to be redeemed against lunch or a snack
- One ‘Breakfast with a View’ jungle tour for two adults
- Beach horse-riding, one hour for each adult
- One sunset cruise firefly river tour for two adults
10. Flights are subject to availability. Flight booking must be made at least 21 days before departure. In the event of flight disruption or delay, alternative flights will be provided by Royal Brunei Airlines. No claim may be made against Royal Brunei for any missed connections
11. Once the reservation has been confirmed, no amendments can be made
12. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure he/she has a valid passport, any necessary visas and vaccinations. The winner’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months at the time of travel.
13. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
14. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
15. The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
16. *General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.