Set beside the Indian Ocean and framed by swaying king coconut trees, Shangri-La’s Hambantota Resort & Spa is located on Sri Lanka’s ancient Spice Route, along the island’s lush, unspoiled Southern coastline; 2017’s region to watch in Sri Lanka. With 145 acres of tropical gardens, there is ample space at this striking new property for guests to unwind within the spectacular surroundings, and make the most of the impressive facilities. Most notable include CHI Ayurveda Spa, which focuses on Ayurvedic treatments, three swimming pools, an 18-hole golf course, a unique Artisan Village celebrating local arts and crafts and an array of al fresco dining options.
The hotel is perfectly placed to enjoy Sri Lanka’s most iconic nature reserves and safaris at Yala, Bundala and Udawalawe national parks, it is also an easy drive from the island’s prime surfing and whale-watching spots.
The prize also includes an excursion to one to Sri Lanka’s most famous national parks, a Chef’s Table dinner and a luxury 60-minute spa treatment for each guest.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the entry button.
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners
2. This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
3. Competition closes at 23:59 on March 5, 2017 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
6. There is one winner and one prize.
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. The prize includes a seven-night holiday for two to Sri Lanka, staying at Shangri-La's Hambantota Resort and Spa, as well as an excursion to a national park, a Chef's Table dinner and a 60-minute spa treatment for each guest.
10. Travel to be taken from 05 March 2017 to 31 March 2018
11. Travel period blackout dates include: 9 April – 13 April 2017, 18 Dec 2017 – 10 Jan 2018 and 27 Jan 2018 – 27 Feb 2018
12. Return flights are in economy class
13. Accommodation is based on seven nights for two adults (Over 18 years old) sharing a Premier Ocean Room on half board basis
14. The prize does not include travel between the winner’s home and the airport, travel insurance, meals, additional spa treatments, personal expenditure, gratuities or incidental costs, which will need to be paid for by the travellers.
15. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they have a valid passport and travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip.
16. Travel insurance and visas are not included and must be sourced by the winner
17. Any additional costs to the prize must be settled eight weeks prior to departure; any costs at the hotel will need to be settled upon check-out in full
18. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
19. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
20. The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
21. *General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to 42 Phoenix Court, Hawkins Road, Colchester, Essex CO2 8JY stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.