Times subscribers can enjoy 2-for-1 tickets to see British Museum presents: Hokusai at cinemas across the UK.
If you've ever wished to come to one of our Times+ private views and have a taste of enjoying an exhibition away from the crowds but haven't been able to make it, then join us at this British Museum screening experience.
This fascinating new cinema event, British Museum presents: Hokusai, is a groundbreaking documentary and exclusive private view of the forthcoming British Museum exhibition Hokusai: beyond the Great Wave.
Filmed in Japan, the US and the UK, the film focuses on Hokusai’s work, life and times in the great, bustling metropolis of Edo, modern Tokyo.
This is the first UK biography of Japan’s greatest artist. The film is introduced by arts presenter Andrew Graham-Dixon, and features artists David Hockney, Grayson Perry and Maggi Hambling. Using extraordinary close-ups and pioneering 8K Ultra HD video technology, Hokusai’s paintings and prints are examined by world experts who are at the forefront of digital art history.
Hokusai spent his life studying and celebrating our common humanity as well as deeply exploring the natural and spiritual worlds, using the famous volcano Mount Fuji as a protective presence and potential source of immortality. He knew much tragedy, was struck by lightning and lived for years in poverty, but never gave up his constant striving for perfection in his art. Hokusai influenced Monet, Van Gogh and other Impressionists, is the father of manga and the only artist with his own emoji.
Please note that this event is open to the general public but Times subscribers can enjoy our exclusive 2-for-1 ticket offer at each of the participating venues for these opening day screenings.
British Museum presents: Hokusai is released in cinemas across the UK from June 4 by Event Cinema specialist More2Screen.
The exhibition is supported by the Mitsubishi Corporation.
To redeem this offer, click on "download voucher" in the information box and present a print out of the voucher at a participating cinema when purchasing tickets.
To see all the participating cinemas, click on "view map" in the information box.
- This offer is available only at participating Cineworld, Curzon, Empire, Odeon, Showcase, Showcase Cinema de Lux, Vue and independent cinemas and is subject to availability.
- Offer valid only for screenings of ‘British Museum presents Hokusai’ on Sunday 4 June 2017 at participating cinemas.
- Voucher can only be redeemed at the participating cinema box office during normal Box Office opening hours and cannot be used for purchases made online or over the phone, via an iphone or Android app or ATMs. Each voucher code is redeemed when handed over at Box Office and shall be deemed invalid after this point.
- Tickets are subject to film, screening times and seat availability.
- The offer is only redeemable with the purchase of a full–priced adult Standard ticket or concession ticket (if available) to the same performance at participating cinemas only and subject to availability. If the second ticket is of lower value than a full–priced adult Standard ticket, the lower value ticket will be the one given free of charge to the same screening (same time, same transaction).
- Offer is not valid in combination with any other offer or promotion.
- Offer not open to employees of Cineworld, Curzon, Empire, Odeon, Showcase, Showcase Cinema de Lux, Vue and the participating independent cinemas.
- Voucher may not be used for any premium seating.
- Voucher is not valid for school bookings, corporate or private hires, or third party bulk tickets purchases and is for personal use only.
- No cash or other alternative available even when ‘British Museum presents Hokusai’ is not showing at your cinema. Vouchers are not replaceable if lost or stolen.
- Only one voucher is redeemable per transaction. Voucher must be presented and surrendered at time of purchase. No reimbursement for previously purchased tickets will be allowed. Only one voucher may be redeemed per guest.
- The participating cinema reserves the right to refuse entry. In the event of dispute the cinema manager’s decision is final.
- Issuing of tickets remain subject to availability, normal age restrictions, and is subject to the terms and conditions of the selected participating cinema. Proof of age may be requested. Voucher does not give preferential right of access.
- Re-sale of the voucher is strictly prohibited. Voucher is personal to you; any attempt to sell a voucher will invalidate it and make both seller (or attempted seller) and buyer ineligible for this offer.
- Voucher is void if altered, tampered with, forged, photocopied or damaged.
- Voucher must be redeemed by midnight on Sunday 4 June 2017.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights.
- Terms and Conditions apply at all cinemas.
- Promoter: More2Screen Limited.