Join us on Sunday, April 28, to experience a luxurious day on board Cunard’s iconic Queen Mary 2, exclusively for subscribers.
Queen Mary 2 is a remarkable flagship and her style and elegance are legendary. Whilst Queen Mary 2 is docked in Southampton for the day, experience a guided tour and visit a selection of the elegant staterooms and suites on board, the largest library at sea and the sensuous Canyon Ranch Spa.
Following the tour, enjoy a champagne reception with canapés and receive an introduction to the joys of cruising from Sara Macefield, journalist and cruise specialist. Guests will then have the opportunity to sample the sumptuous dining on board with a three-course lunch and wine taken in the Britannia Restaurant.
Cunard sail to a world of iconic destinations and can offer you an exceptional selection of inspiring journeys. From two-night short breaks and fortnights in the Mediterranean to the Literature Festival at Sea- a Transatlantic Crossing on board Queen Mary 2, in association with Cheltenham Literature Festival and The Times and The Sunday Times, giving you an opportunity to join authors, journalists and other literary experts as you sail from Southampton to New York.
Timings for the day:
10.30 – 12.15: Embarkation and tour of the ship
12.15 – 12.45: Champagne drinks reception with light canapés and welcome from Sara Macefield, journalist and cruise specialist
13.00 – 14.30: Three-course lunch including half a bottle of wine per person
14.30 -15.00 - Guests disembark
- Security will be of very high level so photo identification must be presented at check-in. A UK photo driving licence or valid passport is the only acceptable forms of photo identification. Photocopies will not be accepted. Failure to produce valid photo identification will result in guests being denied access to board. No exceptions can be made. For security reasons Cunard reserves the right to keep guests’ valid identifications until the end of the visit if necessary.
- All visitors are required to sign a health form questionnaire prior to boarding the vessel confirming that there have been no Norovirus symptoms within 48 hours of the visit.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances Cunard reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event if required. Cunard will not be responsible for any additional costs incurred by the visitor. Cunard will endeavour to reschedule the event at no extra cost.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or over.
- Due to the limited time we have on board for the visit and the size of the ship the guided walking tours require our guests to move around at a reasonable pace for up to two hours without a break. If you are a wheelchair or a scooter user, or if you have any type of walking difficulties that you think might affect you touring the ship please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of booking so that appropriate arrangements on board and at the terminal can be made.Wheelchair assistance during the visit must be provided by the guest’s companion and guests must bring their own wheelchair or scooter. Visitors in wheelchairs will be required to provide their own wheelchair and their guest must be able to push the wheelchair during the tour.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as iif you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email email@example.com
- All Southampton Cruise Terminals have installed Parking Eye, which is an automatic number plate recognition system that charges according to the entry and exit time of the vehicle in the short term car park. To receive your complimentary parking for the duration of your visit, please provide the registration number of the car(s) that you will be driving on the day of the visit. This information MUST be collected at the time of booking. Please note that any non-registered cars will be charged on exiting the car park and failure to pay the charge will result in a fine of up to £100.
- Due to HRMC regulations Cunard cannot serve any other alcoholic beverages than the wine purchased for the visits.
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable and non- transferable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £85+ £1.13 ticket booking fee per ticket
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.