Join us on Saturday, March 24 or Sunday, March 25 for a special day at Highclere Castle, the real Downton Abbey near Newbury, home to the Earl and Countess of Carnarvon.
The day will start with the Countess of Carnarvon sharing stories of the rich history of Highclere Castle as told in her book At Home at Highclere, Entertaining at The Real Downton Abbey, followed by a guided tour of The State Rooms, a light lunch and walks around the stunning Highclere Castle gardens as they burst into life with spring flowers.
Throughout the centuries, Highclere has welcomed Royalty, Statesmen, Egyptologists and pioneers of technology along with a number of artists and musicians. At Home at Highclere, Entertaining at The Real Downton Abbey, tells the story four real life weekends - from 1866 to 1936 and reflects on how the current Countess entertains at Highclere today, including welcoming the cast and crew of the in hugely popular TV series Downton Abbey filmed at the castle.
Many of the rooms and vistas will be familiar to viewers of Downton Abbey, both the drawing room and dining room forming the backdrop to the lives of the fictional Crawley family. The distinctive gardens and park designed by Capability Brown are nurtured with expert care and are delightful to explore. The illuminating Egyptian Exhibition at the castle narrates the discovery by the 5th Earl of Carnarvon of the Tomb of Tutankhamun.
Copies of At Home at Highclere, Entertaining at The Real Downton Abbey will be available for purchase from the Highclere Castle gift shop.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to book tickets.
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £95
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email email@example.com