Join us at the Royal Geographical Society in London on Monday, September 17 for an exclusive evening with historian and columnist and associate editor, The Times, Ben Macintyre.
Subscribers can join Ben as he discusses his new book, The Spy and the Traitor, a thrilling Cold War story about Oleg Gordievsky, one of the greatest spies of the twentieth century.
The man was a spy. A senior KGB officer, for more than a decade he had supplied his British spymasters with a stream of priceless secrets from deep within the Soviet intelligence machine. No spy had done more to damage the KGB. The Safeway bag was a signal: to activate his escape plan to be smuggled out of Soviet Russia. So began one of the boldest and most extraordinary episodes in the history of spying. Ben Macintyre reveals a tale of espionage, betrayal and raw courage that changed the course of the Cold War forever.
Ben Macintyre is the multimillion-copy bestselling author of books including Agent Zigzag, Operation Mincemeat, A Spy Among Friends and SAS: Rogue Heroes.
This is the first event of Ben’s nationwide Autumn book tour, revealing photographs and other material that has never been seen before. The Spy and the Traitor will be published on September 20 by Viking, with copies available to purchase at a discounted rate within your ticket for the event. Alternatively, full price copies of the book will be available to buy at the event, ahead of the official on-sale date.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to book tickets.
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £20 without a book or £38 including a signed hardback copy of the book (RRP £25).
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email firstname.lastname@example.org