Subscribers joined us on Friday, June 9 for an evening with Henry Marsh, hosted by Matt Rudd, where they discussed the exhilarating highs and devastating lows of a lifetime spent operating on the surgical frontline.
Henry Marsh was one of Britain’s foremost brain surgeons, having spent a lifetime operating on the surgical frontline and working as Consultant Neurosurgeon at Atkinson Morley's/St George's Hospital in London for thirty years.
Following the success of his memoir Do No Harm, in Henry’s new book Admissions: A Life in Brain Surgery, he faces up to the overwhelming burden of responsibility that can come with trying to reduce human suffering. Unearthing memories of his early days as a medical student, and the experiences that shaped him as a young surgeon, he explores the difficulties of a profession that deals in probabilities rather than certainties, and where the overwhelming urge to prolong life can come at a tragic cost for both patients and for those who love them
In this searing, provocative and deeply personal memoir, the bestselling author finds new purpose in his own life as he approaches the end of his professional career, and a fresh understanding of what matters to us all in the end.
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £20
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email email@example.com