Join us in Manchester on Sunday, October 1 for an evening with former England and Manchester United footballer Rio Ferdinand who will be discussing his new book Thinking Out Loud: Love, Grief and Being Mum and Dad.
In 2015, Rio Ferdinand’s world fell apart when his wife Rebecca died suddenly and tragically, at only 34, from cancer – leaving him to be mum and dad to their three young children.
Finding a way through his grief has made him dig deep and confront painful truths about his life. As one of England and Manchester United’s most successful footballers, he was trained to win, not lose. Showing weakness would only get in the way of the game. Rebecca’s death left him devastated and ill equipped to cope.
A very private man, in this book Rio opens up as never before – telling his story with a brutal honesty and sharing the advice that’s helped him and his children most. He admits it is the bravest thing he’s ever done, but hopes he will reach out to everyone in pain and grief, encouraging them to find help in the right places, and to know that they are not alone.
The ticket price includes a copy of Thinking Out Loud, which will be published on October 5 in hardback and ebook.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
Photograph by Kitty Gale
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £27.50 and include a copy of Rio Ferdinand's book Thinking Out Loud.
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email email@example.com