Join us on Tuesday, February 20 for an evening with our investigative journalists from The Times and The Sunday Times, who will give a fascinating insight into the papers' biggest scoops and what it takes to get to the truth in an age of fake news.
Alexi Mostrous, The Times head of investigations will host a panel including Deborah Haynes, defence editor at The Times and Jonathan Calvert, editor of The Sunday Times insight team, along with George Arbuthnott, deputy editor of the insight team. The panel will also be joined by Pia Sarma, editorial legal director of Times Newspapers.
The Times and The Sunday Times pride themselves on a track record of excellence in the field of investigative journalism, getting to the heart of the stories that matter, with The Times recently uncovering how big brands were inadvertently funding terror supporters on YouTube and what the true cost of Britain's F-35 flagship defence project was hundreds of millions of pounds more than thought.
The Sunday Times established itself as leader in the field early on, pioneering investigative team work under the brand name Insight more than a half century ago. It remains at the core of what the newspaper stands for today.
A cash bar is available on the evening.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £20
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email email@example.com