Join us at cinemas nationwide on Sunday, June 11 for live premiere screenings of Whitney: Can I Be Me.
The screening will be followed by a Q&A hosted by Sarah-Jane Crawford via satellite link from Sheffield Doc/Fest with the film’s acclaimed director Nick Broomfield along with a tribute performance by The Voice finalist Michelle John who was once a backing singer for Whitney Houston.
For subscribers living in Sheffield, you can even claim tickets to the premiere itself at the Showroom.
Made with largely never-seen before footage and exclusive live recordings, Whitney: Can I Be Me tells Whitney Houston’s incredible and poignant life story with insights from those closest to her.
Whitney Houston was the epitome of superstar, an "American princess", the most awarded female artist ever. Even though Whitney had made millions of dollars, had more consecutive number ones than The Beatles, and became recognised as having one of the greatest voices of all time, she still wasn’t free to be herself and died at just 48 years old.
Please note that this event is open to the general public but Times+ has exclusive access to an allocation of free tickets at each of the venues for this premiere.
Tickets are limited and available on a first come, first served basis.
Whitney: Can I Be Me is in cinemas nationwide from June 16.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will be logged in to see the booking button.
- fThe complimentary film previews will be available in the following locations:
- Possession of a ticket does not guarantee entry. In the event of an insufficiency of seats due to our standard overbooking policy to account for no-shows or a change in size of cinema screen, entry will be granted to ticket holders on a first come first served basis. Ticket holders will not be able to hold spaces for guests and entry will only be granted to customers once all guests have arrived.
- Members who successfully claim tickets should present their email confirmation at the cinema at 6pm for 6.30pm start at Odeon cinemas and 6.30pm for 7pm start at Showcase cinemas on June 11March 2
- No cash alternative.
- No late admittance.
- Cinemas reserve the right to refuse admission. In the event of a dispute, the cinema manager’s decision is final.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email firstname.lastname@example.org