Join us on Thursday, March 1 for an evening discussing the films nominated for this year’s Oscars at the Curzon Mayfair with The Times film critics Kevin Maher and Ed Potton.
Our film critics Kevin Maher and Ed Potton will share their thoughts on the highs and lows of the last year in film and give their predictions on which films and talent they feel deserve an Academy Award. You'll also get the chance to put your questions to them and hear their inside information on the world of film.
After the discussion we'll be screening Darkest Hour the dramatic and inspiring story of four weeks in 1940 during which Churchill’s courage to lead changed the course of world history.
The film tells the story of the early days of World War II. With the fall of France imminent, Britain faces its darkest hour as the threat of invasion looms. As the seemingly unstoppable Nazi forces advance, and with the Allied army cornered on the beaches of Dunkirk, the fate of Western Europe hangs on the leadership of the newly-appointed British Prime Minister Winston Churchill (Academy Award nominee Gary Oldman). While maneuvering his political rivals, he must confront the ultimate choice: negotiate with Hitler and save the British people at a terrible cost or rally the nation and fight on against incredible odds. Directed by Joe Wright and in cinemas from January 12.
There will be a cash bar available before the talk and the film begin.
To book tickets to this event, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
© 2017. Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £20
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email email@example.com