More tickets for this event will be released on Sunday, December 17.
Join us on Wednesday, January 10 for an evening private view of Modigliani at Tate Modern.
The evening will include a short curator talk by Emma Lewis, complimentary drinks and nibbles on arrival and the opportunity to enjoy the exhibition after-hours and away from the crowds.
During his brief and turbulent life Modigliani developed a unique and instantly recognisable pictorial style. Though meeting little success in their time, his emotionally intense portraits and seductive nudes are now among the best-loved paintings of the 20th century.
Modigliani’s nudes are a highlight of the exhibition – with 12 nudes on display, this is the largest group ever reunited in the UK. These sensuous works proved controversial when they were first shown in 1917, leading police to censor his only ever solo exhibition on the grounds of indecency.
You will also discover his lesser-known but radical and thought-provoking sculptures, as well as his portraits of his friends, lovers and supporters, including Pablo Picasso, Constantin Brancusi and his partner Jeanne Hébuterne.
Guests can also enjoy a 10% discount in the exhibition shop on the evening.
Modigliani is sponsored by Bank of America Merrill Lynch, virtual reality in partnership with HTC VIVE, supported by Maryam and Edward Eisler, with additional support from the Modigliani Exhibition Supporters Circle, Tate Patrons and Tate Members
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
Image: Amedeo Modigliani Seated Nude (La belle romaine) 1917 Lent from a Private Collection
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £17.70
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email email@example.com