Join us on Thursday, February 8 at the Tyneside Cinema, Newcastle upon Tyne for an evening of football debate with our expert journalists and Newcastle United manager Rafael Benítez.
Our team of experts will give their opinions and share their inside knowledge and secrets that they've picked up from years covering the game.
RAFA Benitez is one of the most garlanded football managers of his generation. Among his many successes, the Spaniard twice won La Liga at Valencia, lifted the Champions League and FA Cup with Liverpool and the Europa League at Chelsea. He has also managed at Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Napoli. His most recent achievement was leading Newcastle United back into the Premier League, earning him the adoration of the club’s supporters.
Also included on the panel, hosted by The Times football writer Alyson Rudd, will be The Times Northern Sports Correspondent George Caulkin and Chief Football Correspondent Oliver Kay who will come together to discuss the beautiful game's big issues; Who will win the Champions League? Can England make their mark at the World Cup? Will Newcastle challenge for trophies again?
Launched 15 years ago, The Game revolutionised football coverage, becoming the first quality pullout on a Monday morning. Still going stronger than ever with a line-up of the best football journalists, The Times is now taking its peerless opinion and analysis on the road for a series of live events.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £15
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email firstname.lastname@example.org