Discover the secrets of the Silk Road on an 11-day small group tour of Uzbekistan. Subscribers can save up to £200 per couple with prices starting at £2,200 per person.
If one country really defines the Silk Road it’s turquoise-tiled Uzbekistan, a country at the heart of the fabled trading route. This 11-day small group tour includes Bukhara and Samarkand: two of the most enchanting Silk Road cities.
Desert citadels, ancient cities and busting bazaars combine in Uzbekistan – a country where Unesco-listed treasures can be found at every turn.
This trip will take you to the wonderful city of Samarkand with its dazzling array of architectural and cultural treasures. You’ll explore Bukhara’s stunning monuments, mosques and madrasahs that show off the best of Islamic architecture. There’s also an opportunity to explore the bustling capital of Tashkent, as well as the city of Khiva and its beautifully preserved walled old town.
This itinerary, exclusively curated for The Times Expert Traveller Signature Collection, also allows for time to experience traditional village life in the Naratau Mountains, a chance to tuck into the local cuisine, and maybe even watch a traditional game of kupkari – all in the company of expert guides.
See the full Times Expert Traveller collection and take advantage of incredible subscriber savings here.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to redeem this offer.
- Optional single supplement: £210.
- Wild Frontiers can pair you up with a fellow traveller of the same sex to share a room at no supplement.
- Offer subject to availability.
- Times subscribers should visit mytimesplus.co.uk/TET to redeem their discount code.
- If booking online please add discount code to the Comments section for the discount to be applied to your invoice.
- Private tour option: please call for full pricing for your requested date and requirements.
- Single supplement on request.
- Operated by and subject to the booking conditions of Wild Frontiers, ABTOT 5228 ATOL 5975, a company wholly independent of News UK. ATOL protection only applies to flight-inclusive holidays.