Times subscribers can stock up on 12 bottles of Altos de la Guardia Tempranillo 2015 for just £5.99 a bottle. You'll enjoy a £54 saving and free delivery (normally £7.99).
This award-winning wine is crafted at The Wine Club’s head winemaker's own boutique winery. Award-winning winemaker Jean-Marc Sauboua works with Hector Gomez to produce this oaky, rich fruit Rioja.
Having made award-winning wines at other people's cellars for 25 years, a decade ago Jean-Marc decided it was time to buy his own winery. Despite being Bordeaux born, he chose Rioja for the project and was soon the proud recipient of top points from critic Robert Parker. He brought in another top player, Hector Gomez, as resident winemaker - and together they have produced a small but impressive range of wines. They take grapes from a single grower with old vineyards planted high up to add elegance and intensity to the fruit, then age the wine in French oak. This lends a more subtle wrap of oak to the bright berry fruit. Decant the wine at least an hour before serving, and enjoy with lamb, Iberico pork or paella.
The wines are covered by a 100% money-back guarantee of satisfaction and will be delivered free within three working days.
For ordering information, please see the sidebar.
Please note, to see the ordering information you will need to be logged in.
- Offer valid for new customers, one case only per household while stocks last.
- No further discount or voucher can be applied.
- Purchasers must be 18 years or over.
- Delivery is free with this offer (usually £7.99). Offer ends 11th August 2017. Orders will be delivered within 3 working days (delivery to NI and the Scottish Highlands may take a few days longer).
- You can track your order online at sundaytimeswineclub.co.uk or call 03330 142 771 (excl. Channel Islands).
- Items are offered at the price and quantity stated here: if you wish to order different quantities, please call us for prices and availability. If a wine is out of stock, any replacement supplied will be of equal or higher value.
- Calls to 03 numbers operated by The Wine Club cost the same as calling an 01 or 02 number, where calls to 01 or 02 number are part of any “inclusive” minutes (on mobile or landline), calls to this number will also be included. The price of calls may vary with other operators. Please check with your operator for exact charges. Calls may be recorded.
- Direct Wines Ltd, One Waterside Drive, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Berkshire, RG7 4SW supplies wines to The Wine Club and will use information about you to make offers based on your wine preferences. This information may be shared with other companies within the Direct Wines group.
- We occasionally make names and addresses (but not email addresses) available to companies whose products or services may interest you. If you do not wish to receive such offers, please call us on 03330 142 771 or write to us at The Wine Club at the address above.
- Visit sundaytimeswineclub.co.uk/terms for full terms & conditions.