Times subscribers can stock up on 12 bottles of oak-aged Rioja for just £5.89 a bottle. You'll enjoy a £61 saving and free delivery (normally £7.99).
Marqués del Valle is delicious Rioja and its Crianza is a really smart buy. It has that silky berry Tempranillo fruit and the wrap of coconut and toasty vanilla from its time in barrel, but it's still very well priced. A delicious and elegant classic.
Eighteen months oak ageing for this Rioja is far longer than the required minimum for Crianza and is a clear sign of its impressive quality.
Marqués del Valle is made from hand picked grapes grown on old vines at high altitude on the slopes of the Sierra de la Demanda. This lends the wine an elegant freshness that balances the richer toasty vanilla notes of the French and American oak barrels.
The wine takes its name from a nobleman whose palace was in the nearby town of Arenzana de Abajo, on the Camino Real ('Royal Route'). Kings of Navarre would regularly stop by on their travels and sample a glass or two of the Marqués' fine Rioja. That quality lives on in this Crianza - a fine choice for paella, roast lamb or a glass on its own.
The wines are covered by a 100% money-back guarantee of satisfaction and will be delivered free within three working days.
For ordering information, please see the sidebar.
Please note, to see the ordering information you will need to be logged in.
- Offer valid for new customers, one case only per household while stocks last.
- No further discount or voucher can be applied.
- Purchasers must be 18 years or over.
- Delivery is free with this offer (usually £7.99).
- Offer ends 12th May 2017.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 working days (delivery to NI and the Scottish Highlands may take a few days longer). You can track your order online at sundaytimeswineclub.co.uk or call 03330 142 771 (excl. Channel Islands).
- Items are offered at the price and quantity stated here: if you wish to order different quantities, please call us for prices and availability.
- If a wine is out of stock, any replacement supplied will be of equal or higher value.
- Calls to 03 numbers operated by The Wine Club cost the same as calling an 01 or 02 number, where calls to 01 or 02 number are part of any “inclusive” minutes (on mobile or landline), calls to this number will also be included. The price of calls may vary with other operators. Please check with your operator for exact charges. Calls may be recorded.
- Direct Wines Ltd, One Waterside Drive, Arlington Business Park, Theale, Berkshire, RG7 4SW supplies wines to The Wine Club and will use information about you to make offers based on your wine preferences. This information may be shared with other companies within the Direct Wines group. We occasionally make names and addresses (but not email addresses) available to companies whose products or services may interest you. If you do not wish to receive such offers, please call us on 03330 142 771 or write to us at The Wine Club at the address above.
- Visit sundaytimeswineclub.co.uk/terms for full terms & conditions.