One lucky Times subscriber will win an escape for two at one of Andalucia’s prettiest villages with a stay at adults-only boutique bolthole DDG Retreat.
The winner and their guest can choose from two brand new deluxe suites or an original artisan casita and enjoy five days of peace with unforgett
During your stay you can relax in the stunning infinity pool before an indulgent spa treatment in the Asian-inspired woodland cabanah. If you're feeling energetic you can enjoy a game of tennis. For the ultimate in luxury, take a long soak in your clifftop hot tub or your own plunge pool with wine in hand whilst watching the sun go down. Plus, you'll enjoy daily al fresco breakfast and a sharing platter for two for lunch or dinner is also included during the holiday.
As part of the prize, you'll receive complimentary car hire from Yellow Car. They will meet you personally at Malaga Airport so you don't have to deal with any long car rental queues.
Return flights are courtesy of Monarch, which flies direct to Malaga from Gatwick, Luton, Leeds Bradford, Manchester and Birmingham; return fares start from £86.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the entry button.
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners
2. This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
3. Competition closes at 23:59 on October 29, 2017 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
6. There is one winner and one prize.
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. The prize is a five-night break at DDG Retreat for two adults aged 18 or over, staying in Casa Pino, Royal Bambu or Maharaja. DDG Retreat will include a platter of fruit and a bottle of Cava on arrival; daily breakfast for two; plus one sharing platter for two served at either lunch or dinner. Return flights for two are provided courtesy of Monarch Airlines (see supplementary Terms and Conditions in point 11). Complimentary car hire for two adults will be provided for the duration of the stay by Yellow Car (see T&Cs point 12).
10. The prize is valid for travel up until 31st October 2017 and from 1st April to 31st October 2018, and is subject to DDG Retreat’s seasonal opening dates and subject to availability. In the case of Monarch, exclusions may apply to flights during peak periods such as Christmas, New Year, school and Bank Holidays. Bookings for accommodation, flights and car hire must be made in advance at least 60 days prior to travel and the promoter and its competition partners cannot accept liability in cases where a winner’s requests for redemption arrive after availability has already sold out. Once confirmed, the booking is final and cannot be amended.
11. Monarch Airlines Terms and Conditions are below and flight terms and conditions apply and can be found at http://www.monarch.co.uk/terms/flights.
- Monarch will provide one pair of return flights for the winner and a guest, to be taken at the same time with Monarch to Malaga from London Gatwick, London Luton, Leeds Bradford, Birmingham or Manchester
- Airport taxes are included in the prize.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Please visit www.monarch.co.uk for details and premiums.
- Hold luggage is not included and can be purchased separately at www.monarch.co.uk. Up to 10kg of hand baggage may be taken into the cabin per person in a bag no bigger than 56 x 40 x 25cm, free of charge. For further information about hand baggage restrictions please refer to the FAQs on http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/baggage.
- Other than the flight-tickets prize outlined above, the winner is responsible for all additional expenses and arrangements (such as but not limited to flight extras, in-flight meals, pre-allocated seats, any extra accommodation, meals, spending money and transportation to and from the departing and destination airport) not specifically included in the prize.
- If Monarch fails to comply with this Agreement, Monarch is responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of Monarch’s breach of this Agreement, or of Monarch’s negligence, or of Monarch’s fraud. However, Monarch is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of Monarch’s breach or if they were contemplated by both the winner and Monarch at the time the parties entered into this Agreement. Prize winners statutory rights are not affected.
- Compensation under Regulation 261/2004, Montreal Convention and any other applicable law is strictly excluded irrespective of the cause.
12. A Category C hire car along with full-risk insurance (no excess) will be provided by Yellow Car for use by the winner and guest during their stay, subject to availability and bookable at least 60 days ahead of travel.
- Fuel costs are the responsibility of the winner and the vehicle must be returned with a full tank.
- Driver must hold a valid driving licence and comply with all necessary legislation.
- In the event of breaches of traffic laws or other relevant legislation including, but not restricted to, for example: speed restrictions and parking fines, the driver will be liable for any consequences arising.
- Yellow Car and their promotional partners i.e. News Corp UK and Ireland Ltd, DDG Retreat and/or Monarch Airlines will not be liable for any damage, personal injury or excesses incurred to the winner and/or guest or any third parties. Any claims required as a consequence of any incident arising are between the winner/driver and the insurer and will remain the responsibility of the winner/driver without recourse to aforementioned parties.
- In the event that the winner chooses not to redeem this part of the prize during their stay at DDG Retreat, no cash or other alternative is available.
13. The prize is for use by the registered prize winner and one guest and is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part. The prize, including flights, may not be re-presented as a Prize for any other Prize draw or other similar event.
14. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure he/she plus guest have the correct travel documentation. They must have valid passports (further six months at time of travel), obtain any necessary visas and ensure they have any required vaccinations. Such travel documentation is at the sole expense of the Winner. Failure to be granted a Visa and or have the necessary travel documentation
15. The winner is responsible for ensuring that he/she is able to accept the prize in accordance with these terms and conditions, including dates outlined. In the event that it later transpires that the winner is unable to comply with the attached conditions, the prize will be forfeited.
16. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
17. The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
18. *General terms and conditions for competitions apply*
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.