One lucky Times subscriber and their guest will win an escape to the beautiful island of Antigua with a stay at the luxurious five-star Carlisle Bay resort.
Carlisle Bay sits on a secluded cove on Antigua’s idyllic south coast, surrounded by lush rainforest, white sand and the pristine Caribbean Sea. The hotel boasts four exquisite restaurants, four bars, nine tennis courts, an exceptional spa and a state-of-the-art gym.
The prize includes a seven-night stay for two people in an Ocean Suite and return economy flights from London to Antigua with Virgin Atlantic, courtesy of The Private Travel Company. Return airport transfers in Antigua will also be provided by Carlisle Bay.
During their stay, the winner and their guest can enjoy daily breakfast and lunch at the hotel’s ocean-facing Indigo restaurant, plus dinner at Italian restaurant Ottimo, experience the finest Asian cuisine at East and taste the best of Caribbean seafood at the Jetty Grill. They will also enjoy complimentary sunrise Pilates and sunset yoga classes on the jetty and the option to explore Antigua during a hilltop hike through the rainforest.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the entry button.
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners
2. This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
3. Competition closes at 23:59 on August 13, 2017 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
6. There is one winner and one prize.
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. The prize includes:
- Seven night stay for two people at Carlisle Bay in an Ocean Suite
- A yoga and Pilates class on the jetty for two
- A rainforest hike for two
- All meals included for two (alcoholic beverages are not covered by the resort)
- Two Virgin Atlantic return economy flights from London to Antigua, courtesy of The Private Travel Company
- Return airport transfers in Antigua
10. It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure he/she has a valid passport, any necessary visas and vaccinations. The winner’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months at the time of travel.
11. The following blackout dates apply: 17 July – 13 October 2017, 23-27 October 2017, 22 December 2017 – 3 January 2018, 11-16 February 2018.
12. Restaurant options are subject to availability during the winners’ stay
13. Prize valid until 30th March 2018. Travel must also be completed before this date
14. No travel insurance, drinks, or added extras purchased at the resort will be paid for by The Private Travel Company or Carlisle Bay, this is the sole responsibility of the winner
15. All requests are subject to availability and The Private Travel Company reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
16. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
17. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this competition.
18. The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
19. *General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.