One lucky Times subscriber will win a holiday for two to Australia, taking in the sights of the Northern Territory and South Australia.
This trip combines the Northern Territory's diverse landscapes with the wildlife and wilderness of South Australia. You’ll start your adventure in the tropical city of Darwin before exploring Australia’s largest national park, Kakadu, and the tremendous Katherine Gorge. Heading south to the vibrant city of Adelaide, you'll enjoy a visit to the Barossa wine region and venture to the renowned ‘zoo without fences’, Kangaroo Island, teeming with an abundance of unique wildlife.
There are several tours you’ll enjoy as part of your trip, including Highlights tours of both Darwin and Adelaide, a three-night Tropical Top End tour in the Northern Territory and a three-day Highlights of Kangaroo Island 4WD tour in South Australia.
The winner can choose to fly from London Heathrow or Manchester with Singapore Airlines to Darwin and return from Adelaide. Both journeys are via Singapore where you can also enjoy a complimentary one-night stopover with airport transfers included if you wish.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to enter this competition.
Katherine Gorge, Northern Territory
Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Ubirr, Kakadu, Northern Territory
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Darwin, Northern Territory
Adelaide, South Australia
Singapore Airline's new A380
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners
2. This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
3. Competition closes at 23:59 on May 6, 2018 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
6. There is 1 winner and one prize
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. The prize is a trip for two people to Northern Territory and South Australia flying Singapore Airlines from London Heathrow to Darwin (NT) and returning from Adelaide (SA) back into London Heathrow.
Flights are valid with Singapore Airlines only, in economy class via Singapore. Tickets are valid on Singapore Airlines operating flights only – alliances, partners and franchise routes not included.
Flight tickets and hotel reservation will be issued in the winners’ name and the name of their accompanying guest only.
Flight and hotel embargo restrictions will apply at peak times and accommodation is subject to availability.
Prize tickets must be booked together for travel on the same flights.
Both passengers will fly together and hotel rooms are based on twin-share.
Reservation changes are not permitted after travel documents (including airline tickets) have been issued.
Holidays and tickets are non refundable and once ticketed cannot be changed or transferred to any other passenger.
The prize-winners itinerary is inclusive of the following:
- 3 nights at the Doubletree by Hilton Esplanade, Darwin
- Darwin City Sights half day tour
- Three nights Tropical Top End (superior) tour with AAT Kings including two breakfasts and two lunches
- Two nights at the Majestic Roof Garden, Adelaide
- Adelaide City Highlights tour
- 3-days car hire from Adelaide (Group D)
- Two nights at the Novotel Barossa Valley
- Penfolds Make Your Own Blend experience
- Three day Highlights of Kangaroo Island 4WD tour including two breakfasts and two lunches and two nights at the Ozone Hotel or similar
- Singapore Stopover Holiday with Singapore Airlines including transfers and one nights accommodation (Grade C)
- Return economy flights from London Heathrow with Singapore Airlines with 20kg of luggage allowance
The details of the package are subject to change. Car hire excludes refuelling service fees, optional excess reduction, excess kilometres (100km+ / day), insurance, park passes and optional extras e.g. child seats and GPS.
The prize package is subject to availability and cannot be taken during Christmas, New Year, Easter, UK school holidays, UK Bank Holidays, Australian Public Holidays and during major events e.g. Adelaide Fringe Festival and Commonwealth Games.
It is recommended the prize-winner book their trip as far in advance as possible to avoid disappointment. Travel must be completed by 8th March 2019. Extension of validity is not allowed/available
The holiday prize does not include travel insurance, optional activities, food (unless included within a tour as stated above), transfers, beverages and spending money.
Prize-winners must arrange comprehensive medical insurance cover for themselves for the duration of their trip.
It is the Prizewinners responsibility to ensure that they have a valid passport with minimum six month validity beyond the return date for the duration of their stay in Australia, that they are eligible to enter Australia and obtain the correct documentation for travel to Australia, including any visas or an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA), in good time for their travel.
Prize-winners and their companion must be in possession of a valid passport and visa, and, where necessary, must have necessary vaccinations and inoculations – these items are at prizewinners expense and not supplied by the promoter or provider.
It is the Prizewinners responsibility to ensure that they have a valid driving license for the self-drive element of their holiday.
The prize is subject to standard booking conditions with the addition that the booking cannot be amended once confirmed.
If the travellers are unable to travel in accordance with the above or by the date listed, the Prizewinner shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize.
Liability with regards to visa, passport and health requirements rest solely with the prize winner
On acceptance of this prize, you are deemed to have read and agreed to the above terms and conditions
12. Winner and guests are responsible for ensuring that they have valid travel documents and adequate insurance.
13. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
14. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
15. The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
16. *General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.