To celebrate the Modigliani exhibition at Tate Modern, one lucky subscriber will win a holiday for two to Paris, where Modigliani lived and where many of his works were created.
The lucky winners will enjoy a three-night stay at the five-star boutique hotel The Balzac, including breakfast.
The prize also includes return travel by Eurostar, private car transfers to/from Gare du Nord, a river Seine cruise and access to over 60 museums and galleries including the Louvre, Musee d’Orsay and Picasso Museum, courtesy of Kirker Holidays.
Alongside this Parisian escape you will receive two complimentary tickets to see some of the most memorable art of the 20th century at Tate Modern’s comprehensive retrospective of Modigliani’s work (open until April 2). During his brief and turbulent life Modigliani developed a unique and instantly recognisable pictorial style. Though meeting little success during their time, his emotionally intense portraits and seductive nudes are now among the best-loved paintings of the 20th century.
Kirker provide travellers with a carefully selected range of hotels that provide excellent service and comfort, combined with private transfers, private tours and well-researched itineraries.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the entry button.
Images: Amedeo Modigliani The Little Peasant c.1918 (detail) Tate
Amedeo Modigliani Portrait of a Girl c.1917 (detail) Tate
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners
2. This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
3. Competition closes at 23:59 on March 11, 2018 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
6. There is 1 winner and one prize
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. The prize includes:
Return Standard Premier class Eurostar travel from London to Paris for two
Transfer from the Gare du Nord to the hotel and return at the end of your stay
3 nights’ accommodation with breakfast based on a twin/double room at the Hotel Balzac*
A two day museum pass which provides complimentary access to over 60 museums, monuments and galleries including the Louvre, Musee d’Orsay, Picasso Museum and Musee Rodin
A Carnet of five metro tickets per person for use on the metro and buses
A one hour river Seine cruise
Kirker guide notes to restaurants, museums and sightseeing
The services of the Kirker concierge to book opera tickets, expert local guides or a table for dinner
Kirker Holidays reserve the right to provide an alternative 5* hotel in the event that the hotel is fully booked on the winners chosen dates
The prize is valid for 12-months from 12 March 2018 and subject to availability.
12. Winner and guests are responsible for ensuring that they have valid travel documents and adequate insurance.
13. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
14. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
15. The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
16. *General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.