You could win a seven-day luxury holiday to Capital Region USA, courtesy of leading specialist tour operator Purely America.
The lucky winner and their guest will travel from London to Washington, DC where you will visit the inspiring memorials and hip and historic neighbourhoods as you stay two nights at the Kimpton Carlyle Hotel Dupont Circle – a newly revamped Art Deco boutique hotel. This cosmopolitan city is packed with famous sights, free attractions and an eclectic range of dining and shopping options. You will receive two tickets to Madame Tussauds, two Historic Tours of America passes, and tickets for a hop-on hop-off tour with Big Bus Tours.
The next stop on your journey is a two-night stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore – a sophisticated urban retreat on the waterfront. This colourful and diverse city is home to the historic Inner Harbor and you will receive two VIP passes to visit top attractions, museums and historic sites, plus two tickets to visit the National Aquarium.
Travel parts of the Historic National Road scenic byway on your way to charming, historic Leesburg where you will stay two nights at Lansdowne Resort & Spa - a luxury resort in Virginia Wine Country. Upon arrival you will receive a special gift basket with local wine and artisan chocolates, a $100 dining gift card, and two Loudoun Wine Passes.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to enter this competition.
- Open to United Kingdom residents aged 21 or over, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
- Competition closes at 23:59 on 17 March, 2019 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
- One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
- To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
- There is one winner and one prize.
- The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
- Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The prize includes:
- 2 return economy flights inclusive of taxes and fuel surcharge from London Heathrow to Washington Dulles International Airport
- Fully inclusive hire of a car for the duration (winner must hold a valid UK driving license and credit card, drivers under 25 will need to pay an insurance supplement locally for the car rental).
- Six nights B&B accommodation as follows: 2 nights Kimpton Carlyle Hotel Dupont Circle, Washington, DC; 2 nights Four Seasons Hotel Baltimore; and 2 nights Lansdowne Resort & Spa, Middleburg.
- Two Loudoun Wine Passes (discounted tastings and special offers at 22+ different wineries)
- Welcome Gift Basket Including:
- Local wine and artisan chocolates
- Helpful Guides and information to schedule Free Walking Tour of Historic Downtown Leesburg
- $100 Dining Gift Card
- 2 Baltimore VIP passes: Baltimore VIP pass grants admission to over a dozen attractions, museums and historic sites around Baltimore
- 2 tickets to the National Aquarium ($79.90 value)
- 2 tickets to Madame Tussauds, Washington, DC
- 2 Big Bus tickets for hop on hop off Washington, DC tour
- 2 Historic Tours of America tickets – for either Old Town Trolley Tours, Arlington National Cemetery tour, DC Ducks, or Monuments by Moonlight tour.
- Travel to be taken from March 2019 to March 31, 2020 (Validity period of 1 year).
- Travel period blackout dates include: July & August 2019, 10-24 December 2019.
- Accommodation is based on six nights for two adults (over 21 years old) on bed & breakfast basis
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel and accommodation.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they have a valid passport and travel insurance and obtain any necessary vaccinations and visas for their trip. Travel insurance and visas are not included and must be sourced by the winner.
- The prize does not include travel between the winner’s home and the airport, travel insurance, meals, fuel, parking charges, extra car insurance if under 25, personal expenditure, gratuities or incidental costs, which will need to be paid for by the travellers.
- Any additional costs to “The Prize” must be settled eight weeks prior to departure; any costs at the hotels will need to be settled upon check-out in full.
- The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
- Purely America’s standard terms and booking conditions apply. For full booking terms and conditions please see: http://www.purelycapitalregionusa.co.uk/index.php?page=PCR_PURELY_BOOKINGCONDITIONS
- Prior reservations needed and subject to availability.
- Once the booking is confirmed changes to the name, date or nature of the booking are not permitted. Vouchers to be presented at time of check-in.
- The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
- The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
- An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
- By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
- Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
- For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.