Update March 13: Regarding the evolving coronavirus COVID-19 situation, we are closely monitoring the situation and listening to Government advice. The cruise element of this prize will take place at a later date than stated below. A different itinerary may also be offered but in accordance with the competition Terms & Conditions the prize will be of equal value.
You could win an eight-night cruise for two to Bordeaux and northern Spain. Also included is an overnight stay in a luxury hotel in Suffolk for two adults; including breakfast, a three-course dinner and an exclusive private tour of Stokes Sauce's Suffolk Saucery.
Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines is giving away an eight-night ‘Into the Heart of Spain & Bordeaux’ cruise for two; departing from Southampton on May 16. The package includes all meals and an all-inclusive drinks package, plus a spa treatment each, while you cruise to four culture-rich cities in Spain and France, where your explorations will begin at the end of the gangway.
You will also enjoy a stay at a luxury hotel in Suffolk and an exclusive tour of the ‘Stokes Saucery’, the home of Stokes Sauces. Set in the beautiful Suffolk countryside, you will discover how each product is expertly prepared and will also visit the on-site private rescue animal sanctuary.
For more information on Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, visit their website.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to enter this competition.
- Open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 or over, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
- Competition closes at 23:59 on April 19, 2020 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
- One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
- To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
- There is one winner and one prize.
- Gift vouchers are non-transferable and must be used by the competition winner.
- The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
- Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- Prize includes an Ocean View room for two people, including accommodation, all meals, an all-inclusive drinks package, a silver service Traditional Afternoon Tea, a meal for two in speciality steak and seafood restaurant The Grill, spa treatments to the value of £65 per person, on board entertainment and port taxes.
- Ports of call: Southampton, UK – Cruising Gironde & Garonne Rivers, France – Bordeaux, France (overnight stay) – Santander, Spain – Avilés, Spain – La Coruña, Spain – Southampton, United Kingdom.
- Featuring an Ocean View room without balcony. Exact category of room to be confirmed at time of booking. No upgrades available, under any circumstances.
- Full, valid passport and travel insurance required.
- Travel to / from the Port of Southampton, shore tours, travel insurance (mandatory), personal expenditure and gratuities not included in the cruise prize.
- Cruise prize cannot be exchanged for cash, nor transferred to another person. In the rare event of the cancellation of this cruise by Fred. Olsen for whatever reason, no cash refund may be sought – Fred. Olsen will offer a suitable alternative cruise holiday.
- A gratuity of £5 per person, per day will be added to the onboard account – this cannot be removed, under any circumstances, and must be settled at the end of the cruise.
- The ‘all-inclusive’ drinks package includes selected house wines, spirits and soft drinks – additional charges apply for Champagne, cocktails, premium wines and spirits, and some soft drinks.
- A one-night overnight weekday stay at a luxury hotel in Suffolk for two adults including breakfast and three-course dinner. Hotel choice at the discretion of Stokes Sauces, rated 4* or above. Dinner prize must also be redeemed at the hotel. Trip must be booked and redeemed before December 31, 2020. Prize cannot be exchanged for cash, nor transferred to another person.
- Private tour of Stokes Sauces’ ‘Suffolk saucery’ on a weekday. Tour arranged by Stokes Sauces. Winner to agree a date with Stokes Sauces for visit when redeeming prize. Prize cannot be exchanged for cash, nor transferred to another person.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.