One lucky subscriber will win a six-night holiday to Sicily, courtesy of Chic Retreats.
The winner and their guest will begin their Sicilian adventure in style with a three-night stay at the elegant Hotel Villa Ducale – an original aristocratic villa set in the ancient hilltop town of Taormina. It is here that you will enjoy a glass of fine Sicilian wine while taking in the views on the hotel's panoramic terrace. In the evening, guests will sample traditional Sicilian dishes at the hotel's sister restaurant.
During your stay you will be taken to visit the spectacular Mount Etna, afterwards stopping at a boutique vineyard at the foot of the volcano to enjoy a spot of wine-tasting.
Your next destination will be the UNESCO-listed town of Ragusa, where you will enjoy a three-night stay at the stunning Locanda don Serafino – a boutique hotel and two-Michelin starred restaurant, hewn out of the surrounding ancient rock. Explore the surrounding town, sample the delights of the restaurant and sign up for a cookery course - so you will be ready to dazzle your guests at your next dinner party.
The prize includes two return economy flights from London to Catania and car hire for six days.
Chic Retreats offer a carefully-curated collection of small, charming and independent hotels from around the world.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to enter this competition.
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners
2. This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
3. Competition closes at 23:59 on July 15, 2018 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
6. There is 1 winner and one prize.
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. The prize includes:
- 3 night stay at Villa Ducale plus welcome drinks
- 1 x complimentary dinner and cocktails at Villa Carlotta
- 1 x complimentary dinner at Villa Ducale (drinks excluded) and tour to Mount Etna
- 3 night stay at Locanda Don Serafino plus a cooking class and 1 x complimentary dinner in the restaurant (drinks excluded)
- 2 return economy flights from London to Catania and car hire for 6 days (booked via a 3rd party)
All other costs to be covered by the prizewinner.
10. The winner and their guest are responsible for ensuring that they have valid travel documents and adequate insurance.
11. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
12. The prize must be booked at least 3 months in advance and must be taken within 12 months of the competition closing and is subject to availability.
13. Blackout dates apply and may include peak times e.g. school holidays and Bank/local holidays.
14. The offer of the prize is not a guarantee that a particular room will be available for a particular night.
15. Any activities included are at the winners risk.
16. Any amendments made by the prize winner after the booking is confirmed may be subject to administration charges levied by the specific supplier. Any such charges will be the responsibility of the prize winner.
17. Flights include only carry on "hand luggage", additional baggage allowances can be added at the winner’s expense. Any excess baggage charges are the responsibility of the winner.
18. Flights may be indirect and the routing will be determined by the prize provider.
19. The driver must be over 25 years and under 65 years and hold a clean UK drivers license and a valid credit card.
20. Any additional insurance will be at the driver’s expense.
21. Fuel not included.
22. For car hire a security deposit and details of a valid credit card will be required at the time of collection.
23. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
24. The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
25. *General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.