You and a guest could win a two-night stay being wined and dined on the luxury island retreat, Spitbank Fort.
Day one will experience the delights and privacy of Spitbank Fort, an eight-bedroom, premium hotel. You will be transferred across to Spitbank in a private rib from Gunwharf Quays at midday.
You will receive a glass of champagne on arrival with a tour of the fort taking place at 1pm. From 2pm, lunch will be served in the Mess Hall.
Before relaxing in the hot tub and exploring the fort at your own leisure, you will be able to check-in to your Admiral Suite, where a bottle of Champagne awaits your arrival.
From 8pm, your private dining experience will begin with a six-course taster menu.
The evening will conclude with a seat by the fire pit on the top deck.
Day two will introduce you to the delights of No Man’s Fort. The bigger of the two forts with 22 spacious bedrooms. After breakfast on Spitbank you will have a few hours to relax before catching the boat to No Man’s at 12.30.
Before experiencing a three-course lunch, the fort tour will take place at 1pm. Lunch will take place from 2pm before you tackle the on-board Escape Room. Opening in April 2019, you will be one of the first guests aiming to break out of the escape room.
It will then be back out on to the water for an exhilarated Rib ride around Horse Sand Fort. The third fort that remains in a derelict state. The rib will drop you off at Spitbank in time for dinner.
A four-course dinner will be served in the Mess Hall from 8pm and where you will be able share your stories with other guests. Your final night will take in the delights of the top deck in front of the firepit once again. Hot Chocolate and possibly a few marshmallows added for good measure.
A good night’s sleep and you’ll be back before you know it with your boat arriving back at Gunwharf Quays for midday.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to enter this competition.
Terms and Conditions
- Open to United Kingdom aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners.
- This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
- Competition closes at 23:59 GMT on May 5 2019 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
- One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
- To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
- There is one winner and one prize.
- The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
- Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- Solent Forts is a weather dependent venue and can cancel at short notice. Usually 24-48 hours. No children under the age of 17 and advise against anyone visiting the fort with a disability due to restrictive access and nature of the forts layout.
- The offer must be redeemed within 12 months.
- It is the responsibility of the prize winner to ensure they have a valid passport and travel insurance
- The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
- The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
- An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
- By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
- Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
- For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.