Escape to Provence following in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh who spent several years living and working in the ancient Roman city of Arles, where he painted a number of his most famous works. Staying at the city’s most iconic hotel, which has hosted artists, fashion designers and authors from Picasso and Cocteau to Hemingway and Fritz Lang, you will be able to explore the vast amphitheatre, explore mediaeval streets and enjoy an al fresco dinner under the starry night of Provence.
The prize includes a total of 3 nights’ accommodation at the 4* Grand Hotel Nord Pinus in Arles with breakfast included, a walking tour with a local guide and entrance to the Van Gogh foundation. The winner will also have access to Kirker Guide Notes to restaurants and sightseeing and the services of the Kirker Concierge to book opera, ballet and concert tickets or make a reservation at a recommended restaurant as required. Also included are return rail or flights from London to Avignon and private car transfers from Avignon to Arles.
The EY Exhibition: Van Gogh and Britain is open at Tate Britain until the 11 August 2019.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to enter this competition.
- Open to United Kingdom aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners.
- Competition closes a 23:59 August 18, 2019.
- The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
- Prize valid for two people sharing a double room
- Travel must be booked by end December 2019 for travel within 12 months of competition close.
- This prize is subject to availability. Every effort will be made to accommodate the winner’s travel date choices however this may not always be possible, especially during public holidays.
- Full prize breakdown: Return economy class train or flights from London to Avignon for two, Private car transfers from Avignon to Arles, 3 nights’ accommodation with breakfast based on a twin/double room at the Grand Hotel Pinus (4 star), A walking tour with a local guide, Entrance to the Van Gogh Foundation, Kirker guide notes to restaurants and sightseeing, The services of the Kirker concierge to book opera, ballet and concert tickets or make a reservation at a recommended restaurant.
- One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
- To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
- There is one winner and one prize
- Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this Competition in the event of exceptional circumstances outside its control which affect its ability to operate the Competition. Where the Prize includes tickets for events and/or experiences organized and hosted by third parties, Winner and, where applicable, any accompanying guests shall have to comply with any terms and conditions of such event organizers.
- By participating in the Competition, entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Competition Entities and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs (including attorneys’ fees), losses, damages, fines or injuries (up to and including bodily injury and death) of any kind arising out of or related to: (i) entrants’ participation in the Competition (including travel to/from any Competition activity); (ii) any acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, including those arising from any travel to/from any prize event or activity); (iii) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; and (iv) any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Competition activity and/or prize.
- The rules of this Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
- The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.