To celebrate the release of Murder on the Orient Express, in cinemas November 3 we’ve teamed up with Sky Cinema to give you the chance to win an amazing prize.
One lucky subscriber will experience their own murder mystery event on a vintage train, including a sumptuous five-course lunch and champagne reception. Step aboard and be transported back in time to Britain’s heyday of train travel. Expect luxury, glamour and a dash of adventure as you put your detective skills to the test. Piece together the clues while savouring exceptional cuisine, paired with fine wines.
The prize will also include a Sky Q package plus a brand new 49” UHD TV. Sky Q, the next generation box, gives you the flexibility to enjoy TV on your terms. Watch what you love wherever you want; in the kitchen, bedroom or out and about. Record 6 shows at once and Store over 1000 hours of TV. Plus with intuitive voice control, find your favourite shows faster and easier than ever before.
All of this, plus you'll receive the ultimate Agatha Christie book collection, courtesy of HarperCollins. The prize features a beautiful limited leatherbound edition containing every Miss Marple novel and short story written by Agatha Christie, and a collection of the world’s favourite Agatha Christie’s novels, including Murder on the Orient Express, And Then There Were None and The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.
Murder on the Orient Express in cinemas now.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the entry button.
© 2017 FOX
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners
2. This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
3. Competition closes at 23:59 on January 14, 2018 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
6. There is 1 winner and one prize
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. Prize includes the following:
- 1 x Sky Q Complete Bundle TV package including Sky Sports Complete and Sky Cinema
- 1 x Sky Q Multiscreen subscription; and
- Free standard installation provided by Sky subject to the Prize Conditions
- Sky will also loan the prize winner 1 x Sky Q 2TB box and 1 x Sky Q Mini box at no charge
- 1 x 49” UHD TV
- 1 x Poirot Limited Edition book collection
- 1 x Murder Mystery event for 2-adults on the Belmond: British Pullman train departing from London Victoria, includes;
- Round-trip travel on a luxury vintage train
- Murder mystery entertainment on board
- Welcome champagne reception on board
- Fine dining silver service
- Five-course lunch with half a bottle of wine per person and coffee/tea
- £200 travel voucher to cover return train travel from mainland UK rail stations to London Victoria
Sky Q Package
a. The winner will be required to enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract. If the winner is an existing Sky TV customer, your existing Sky TV subscriptions will come to an end and you must enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract.
b. After your 12 month free Sky Q TV subscription comes to an end, standard subscription length (18 months) and prices at the time of re-contracting will apply, unless you change or cancel your package, giving Sky at least 31 days’ notice. Standard subscription prices may change. Please refer to www.sky.com for current pricing. You must be over 18 and resident in the United Kingdom.
c. The Prize does not include:
- A broadband subscription (to experience Sky Q features to the full, we recommend connecting your boxes to home broadband);
- Sky Box Office, Sky Store purchases/rentals, Stand-alone Premium Channels, or pay-per-view services and events
d. Watching on an extra TV screen comes at a one-off cost of £99 and Sky will loan you an extra Sky Q Mini at no cost (recommend connecting no more than 4 Sky Q Minis in total)
e. Prices, programmes/channels are subject to change.
f. Engineer set-up required.
g. The winner must get any consents required (e.g. landlord’s) prior to installation.
h. Winners must redeem the prize within a year. Winners who are in a current pay-TV contract with another provider may defer their Prize for a maximum of 12 months from the date of winning. If a winner does not redeem his/her Prize within 12 months from the date of winning, this could result in loss of the Prize. If the winner has a previous uncleared debt with Sky the winner will not be able to take up the Prize until this debt has been fully cleared.
i. There is no cash alternative to the Prize or any element thereof and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
j. Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
k. Prize winner will own the Sky dish. The Sky Q box, the Sky Q Mini and all other Sky Q kit is loaned to the winner at no cost and must be returned when the winner’s 12 month prize subscription terminates or when the winner leaves Sky, whichever is earlier. Mechanical faults with the Sky Q kit will be repaired at no cost.
l. Sky Q installations currently average a 28 day waiting period.
Murder Mystery Event
Murder Mystery experience prize will be valid for one year. Murder mystery lunch takes place on set dates throughout the year (approximately once per month), and will be booked on a date to be agreed with the winner. All dates are subject to availability.
Delivery of 49” UHD TV and Poirot Collection of books will be made within 28 days of winner providing their full address details to The Promotions Factory.
11. Winner and guests are responsible for ensuring that they have valid travel documents and adequate insurance.
12. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
13. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
14. The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
15. *General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.