You could be the lucky winner of a six-night stay at the classically elegant Jamaica Inn for two people in the Caribbean courtesy of luxury travel specialist Destinology.
Jamaica Inn is nestled just east of Ocho Rios and boasts a 700-foot private white sand beach, considered to be one of the best in the Caribbean. Its suites, cottages and beachfront villas lie within enchanting tropical grounds and showcase uninterrupted views of the Caribbean Sea.
A weekly programme of activities include croquet on the lawn, tours of the lush surrounding gardens, yoga at the ocean pavilion and non-motorised water sports. Jamaica Inn has long been associated with Ian Fleming, as the owner maintained a close personal relationship with the famed writer throughout the 1950s. The winners will have the opportunity to experience Jamaica Inn’s James Bond package.
The prize includes an outdoor cinema screening of an iconic Bond film on the beach, a martini making class at the main bar, rumoured to be the very spot Ian Fleming coined the phrase ‘shaken not stirred’, a tailor-made tour of Jamaica highlighting sites where past Bond blockbusters were filmed as well as a couples spa treatment at Jamaica Inn’s award winning Ocean Spa.
Destinology delivers tailor-made holidays to destinations across Europe and worldwide. Every holiday is looked after by a dedicated and knowledgeable personal travel consultant.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to enter this competition.
- Open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 or over, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
- Competition closes at 23:59 on May 3, 2020 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
- One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
- To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
- There is one winner and one prize.
- The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
- Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The prize is valid for 12 months from 03 May 2020 (expiring 03 May 2020), excluding blackout dates and subject to availability. Blackout dates include 06 – 19 September 2020; 20 September 2020; 26 November 2020; 24 December 2020 – 2 January 2021; 13 – 20 February 2021 and 01 – 19 April 2021.
- Stays are offered on a bed & breakfast basis based on two people sharing, with economy class return flights, provided by Destinology. Private airport transfers in Jamaica will be provided by Jamaica Inn.
- The prize cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash value.
- Airport transfers in London are not included and are for the winner’s own account.
- Items not included which are the responsibility of the winner include any meals and drinks not specified, travel insurance, any additional travel, personal expenses and all other expenses not mentioned herein. All travellers must have sufficient resources to meet any financial commitments, without limitation, which may incur in connection with the prize beyond those included in the prize itself.
- The winner and all travellers must comply with the terms and conditions of the airline and other transportation involved in the competition.
- The winner and all travellers must hold valid passport for at least 6 months after date of departure.
- The actual value of the prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations and period of travel. The winner will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value.
- Winners are responsible for arranging necessary visa or health requirements. It is the responsibility of the prize winners to ascertain if a visitor visa is required for travel and if so, that they ensure these are obtained before departure and any cost associated with obtaining a visa will be at the prize winner’s expense.
- The prize includes:
• Six nights on a complimentary bed & breakfast basis in the Deluxe Verandah Suite (with complimentary upgrade based on availability)
• One complimentary dinner at Jamaica Inn for two people (including two glasses of wine)
• Couples spa treatment
• Complimentary tour of James Bond film locations for two people
• Complimentary outdoor cinema screening for two people
• Complimentary martini making class for two people
• Complimentary return economy flights from London to Jamaica for two people (regional airport departures are possible, they might incur a surcharge to be paid for by the winner)
• Complimentary airport transfers in Jamaica
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.