One lucky subscriber will win a trip to New York to see Puccini's Tosca at the Metropolitan Opera, in partnership with Trafalgar Releasing to celebrate The Met: Live in HD's 2019-20 cinema season
The winner and one guest will enjoy a three-night stay at the New York Hilton Midtown Hotel, flights from London with transfers in New York to and from the airport and $350 spending money.
The highlight of the holiday is a trip to the Metropolitan Opera on April 11 to see Tosca, Puccini’s best-loved operatic thriller. Based in Rome during the Napoleonic wars, this tragic tale of passion, murder, lust, and love, set against a famously romantic score, is an enduring classic. Bertrand de Billy conducts Sir David McVicar’s evocative production, with superstar soprano Anna Netrebko as the title diva, tenor Brian Jagde as Tosca’s impassioned lover, Cavaradossi, and baritone Michael Volle as the sinister Scarpia.
The Metropolitan Opera is a vibrant home for the most creative and talented singers, conductors, composers, musicians, stage directors, designers, visual artists, choreographers, and dancers from around the world. This season, The Met will broadcast ten live operas to cinemas across the globe as part of The Met: Live in HD series.
Set in Midtown Manhattan, the 4-star New York Hilton Midtown Hotel is a contemporary convention hotel, about a 2-minute walk from The Museum of Modern Art, a 10-minute walk from Times Square and 20-minute walk from The Metropolitan Opera. Learn more here.
To find out more about the current Met season and participating cinemas, click here.
Photo: Ken Howard / Met Opera
To enter, click on 'enter' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to enter this competition.
1. Open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners
2. This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
3. Competition closes at 23:59 on December 1, 2019 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
6. There is 1 winner and one prize
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. The prize is a trip for two to New York including:
- Pair of tickets to see Tosca at The Met on 11 April
- 3x nights (B&B) for 2x people in a twin or double room in New York Hilton Hotel Midtown (All extra expenses including room service must be covered by the prize winner. All elements of the prize are strictly subject to availability and cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative. The winner must be 18 years or over at the time of winning.)
- $350 per diem (this will also cover the cost of the ESTA, which the winners will need to organise themselves)
- Return flights from London (economy) and transfer from airport to hotel and return on New York side (to be booked on confirmation of winner)
12. Winner and guests are responsible for ensuring that they have valid travel documents and adequate insurance.
13. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
14. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
15. The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
16. *General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. he Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.