One lucky subscriber and guest will win an unforgettable trip to two of the world’s greatest sporting events, courtesy of American Express and their new partnership with The Championships, Wimbledon 2019 and relationship with the US Open Tennis Championships.
You could be enjoying Centre Court seats at The Championships, Wimbledon next summer as the sport’s best players battle it out at one of the world’s most iconic tennis tournaments.
The package will include first class train travel to London, Centre Court tickets and a day of world-class tennis. You’ll be able to soak up the atmosphere between matches and take full advantage of luxury hospitality during the day.
Once your day at the tennis is complete, you can retire to your room at a five star hotel and enjoy dinner for two. If that's not enough, later in the year, you will travel in business class to New York to enjoy the 2019 US Open Tennis Championships at Flushing Meadows.
You will be flown from London to New York where you will able to soak up a second Grand Slam tournament, relaxing in the American Express lounge and taking advantage of privileged access at one of the greatest sporting locations in the world. Your stay will include two night’s accommodation in the Big Apple complete with the American breakfast experience.
This will be a once in a lifetime experience that no tennis fan will ever forget.
Summary Terms and Conditions:
Open to residents of UK, Times+ account holders only, 18+ only and excluding staff of Promoter, American Express, United States Tennis Association Incorporated (“USTA”) their respected affiliated companies or promotional partners or their families. 31/08/18 – 05/10/18. No purchase necessary. Internet access required. Visit www.mytimesplus.co.ukand log into your Times+ account, then click the “Enter” button to be entered into the prize draw. Prize: One winner will win a pair of hospitality tickets to Wimbledon and the US Open Tennis Championships (“US Open”), return flights and transfers, accommodation in London and New York (selected by the American Express Fine Hotel & Resorts Programme), and dinner in London. No cash alternative and prize is non-transferable. Winner will be selected at random and notified by 17/10/18. Visit the website for Full Terms & prize details. Promoter: Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times).
Full Terms and Conditions
- This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom who are aged 18 and over, excluding employees of News UK, American Express and USTA their immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), or anyone professionally associated with this Promotion.
- Purchase is not necessary, but internet access and a Times+ account is required.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 11.00 BST on the 31st August 2018 to 23.59 BST on 5th October 2018 inclusive.
- To Enter: Visit www.mytimesplus.co.ukand log into your Times+ account during the Promotion Period, then click on the “Enter” button to be entered into the prize draw.
- Maximum of one entry per person during the Promotion Period.
- The Prize: One winner will receive a pair of hospitality tickets to a Wimbledon 2019 centre court tennis match; one night’s accommodation in a 5* hotel in London in a double/twin room and including breakfast; return transport to Wimbledon; First class train travel from anywhere in the UK if required; dinner in London up to the value of £300; return Business Class flights to New York; return private car airport transfers to the hotel in New York; a pair of hospitality tickets to a US Open 2019 centre court tennis match; two night’s accommodation in a 5* New York in a double/twin room and including breakfast and; return private car transport to Flushing Meadows.
- Further Prize Details and Conditions:
- The Prize includes tickets for general admission only.
- The return transport to Wimbledon is either a private car service to either the winner’s home if they live less than two hours from Wimbledon, or to a train station if the winner lives more than two hours from Wimbledon.
- The winner may drive to Wimbledon however, no contribution will be made towards this travel and there will be no parking at the ground in Wimbledon.
- The winner and their guest are responsible for any extra charges incurred whilst redeeming the tickets. The match tickets are only valid for the specified event on the specified date. No compensation will be offered due to inability to attend or delay on the part of the winner.
- The winner must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs. If the winner or their guest has any wheelchair or similar access needs the Promoter will endeavour to provide appropriate access, but due to limited availability, this cannot be guaranteed.
- The winner and their guest must abide by the Terms and Conditions of the event venues, which form part of the Prize. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in refused entry, or the winner and their guest being required to leave the venues.
- The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guest whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or guest from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or the winner and/or guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include travel/transportation, accommodation, food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature (including spending money) that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for monetary value or for any other form of compensation. If for any reason a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
- Winner is responsible for all applicable taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with their Prize not specified herein as being awarded.
- American Express Services Europe Limited of Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom is the Prize Provider for this Promotion.
- Winner Selection: One winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotional Period. The prize draw will be conducted by an independent party within five working days of the end of the Promotional Period.
- Winner Notification: The winner will be contacted via the email address associated with their Times+ account within three working days of Winner Selection and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility, acceptance of the Prize, and to organise the Prize within 14 days of initial contact. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
- The winner will be contacted to arrange their Prize within 28 days of acceptance of the Prize.
- Winners may be required to participate in any reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion.
- The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to use their name, and county of residence to announce the winner of the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and county of residence of the winner.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
- The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant's fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies, along with USTA, USTA National Tennis Center Incorporated and City of New York, will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
- The full name and county of the winner will be available by visiting mytimesplus.co.uk following the winner’s acceptance of the Prize for 8 weeks.
- If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are judged to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect or impact the continuation in full force and effect the remainder of the provisions.
- By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: Times Newspapers Limited, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF.