Join us on Monday, October 29 for an evening with historian, Sir Max Hastings. At this exclusive event, Max will be discussing his new book, Vietnam: An Epic Tragedy 1945-1975.
He has explored a huge range of sources from both sides, from the top decision-makers to the humblest fighters, the epic conflict in which between two and three million people perished between 1945 and 1975.
Max chronicles Vietnam with the benefit of vivid personal memories: first of reporting in 1967–68 from the United States, where he encountered many of the war’s decision-makers including President Lyndon Johnson, then of successive assignments in Indochina for newspapers and BBC TV: he rode a helicopter out of the US Saigon embassy compound during the 1975 final evacuation.
Vietnam: An Epic Tragedy 1945-1975 is published on September 20 by William Collins, with copies available to purchase at a discounted rate within your ticket for the event. Alternatively, full price copies of the book will be available to buy at the event.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to book tickets.
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £20 without a book or £43 including a hardback copy of the book (RRP £30)
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email firstname.lastname@example.org