Join us on Thursday, November 30 for an evening with The Times columnist and feature writer Sathnam Sanghera who will be in conversation with fellow columnist Hugo Rifkind.
They will be discussing Sathnam’s critically acclaimed book The Boy With The Topknot: A Memoir of Love, Secrets and Lies in Wolverhampton and his experience of having it made into a BBC Two drama, as well as his career in journalism.
His book is an account of his childhood and facing up to a bunch of painful family secrets and truths in his twenties – not least that his father and sister had suffered from schizophrenia – and that he was going to defy expectations of an arranged marriage. Equipped with breathtaking courage and a glorious sense of humour, he embarks on a journey into their extraordinary past - from his father's harsh life in rural Punjab to the steps of the Wolverhampton Tourist Office - trying to make sense of a life lived among secrets.
The Boy With The Topknot: A Memoir of Love, Secrets and Lies in Wolverhampton is being adapted for television and will air on BBC Two later this year starring Sacha Dhawan (Sherlock, Iron Fist) as Sathnam Sanghera.
Your ticket includes drinks before the talk begins and copies of Sathnam’s books The Boy With The Topknot and Marriage Material, will be on sale on the evening. Guests will also have the opportunity to get their book signed by Sathnam at the end of the evening.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
Image: Photographer Robert Viglasky, Copyright Parti Productions & Kudos, Credit BBC/Parti Productions & Kudos
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £20
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email email@example.com