Join us in York on Saturday, February 3 for a masterclass of crossword tips and tricks with Tim Moorey, crossword setter for The Times and The Sunday Times.
During the workshop you will discover the basics of solving cryptic clues and crosswords. The workshop will focus on the Times Quick Cryptic crossword, suiting especially those currently solving the concise Times 2 and those who can solve a few clues in the Quick Cryptic.
The aim will be to make learning fun in an embarrassment-free atmosphere with solving mostly done by the small group as a whole. You will also be able to have one on one time with Tim to ask him any of your crossword queries. With extensive teaching experience, Tim will reveal his recommended apps, software and top puzzle websites.
There are two sessions to choose from, one in the morning and one during the afternoon and the same information will be covered within each session. You will be welcomed with tea, coffee and light refreshments on arrival. You'll receive handouts including annotated complete solutions to Times crosswords for later practice at home.
You will also receive a copy of Tim's book How to Crack Cryptic Crosswords and have the chance to get it signed by him.
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking link.
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £60
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email firstname.lastname@example.org