Join us in the afternoon of Monday, August 21 for an exclusive Times+ tennis master class with Annabel Croft at the Lawn Tennis Association in Barnes followed by an afternoon tea.
This event gives you the opportunity to improve your game and be coached in a small group. LTA coaches will be on hand to provide personal tips to improve your tennis skills and you will benefit from the vast experience of Annabel Croft.
The afternoon will include a full warm up session and then the group will split into three. Each group will then rotate around different stations with Annabel Croft and the LTA Coaches including drill practice, and a short game with LTA coaching.
A former British tennis champion, Annabel Croft retired from professional tennis at the age of twenty-one. Her charm and entertaining playing style had made her a great favourite with the crowds, both at live tennis events and on television and these attributes transferred naturally to the world of media and is now a popular tennis reporter and all-round sports correspondent.
The National Tennis Centre is the Home of British Tennis. It is the training base for Great Britain’s top current and future talents. It holds Training Camps for GB’s Davis and Fed Cup teams and development camps for Britain’s future tennis stars.
It has 22 tennis courts across all grand slam surfaces and provides services to players training full time in performance analysis, fitness, psychology and rehab, strength and conditioning, medical support and nutrition.
Afternoon tea will include a selection of sandwiches, scones with jam and Rodda's clotted cream and strawberries, with tea, coffee and soft drinks.
The day includes:
2.30pm Guests arrive to welcome soft drinks
3pm: Warm up session
3.30-4pm: Break into groups of three, first rotation station
4-4.30pm: Second rotation station
4.30-5pm: Third rotation station
5-6pm: Afternoon tea at the LTA
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the booking button.
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost £50
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email firstname.lastname@example.org