Join us on the evening of Wednesday, June 27 for a special performance of The Jungle at the Playhouse Theatre in honour of AA Gill. This will be a unique opportunity to join with his friends, family and colleagues to remember a much loved Sunday Times writer.
The Jungle is a National Theatre and Young Vic co-production with Good Chance Theatre, written by Joe Murphy and Joe Robertson, directed by Stephen Daldry and Justin Martin. The production has been chosen as a place to honour AA Gill, as he visited the Calais Jungle in 2016 to review a refugee camp café for The Sunday Times and met with Good Chance Theatre.
The Jungle tells stories of loss, fear, community and hope, of the Calais camp’s creation - and of its eventual destruction. Be prepared to be transported into the world of the Calais camp, where a community forged from necessity shares its unimaginable stories of hope against all odds. Join the residents over freshly baked naan and sweet milky chai at the Afghan Café, and experience the intense, moving and uplifting encounters between refugees from many different countries and the volunteers who arrived from the UK.
This specific performance will not be open to the general public and limited number of tickets are available, only for subscribers. Included in the package is a ticket in the dress circle, overlooking the dynamic performance space below along with a show programme.
"Isn't this how all places once began? With refugees stopping at a river, a beach, a crossroads, and saying, we'll just pause here for a bit. Put on the kettle."
- AA Gill
To book tickets, click on 'book online' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to book tickets.
- Tickets are subject to availability. Places available on first come first served basis. Booking paid in advance and non-refundable.
- Tickets cannot be resold at a price higher than the face value printed upon them and must not be resold for commercial gain whether to ticket retailers, agents, web companies, ticket touts or otherwise.
- Tickets cost from £25-£45
- Full payment on booking.
- Tickets will be assigned on a first come first served basis only.
- Travel to and from the venue and other costs not included in the ticket price are the responsibility of the attendees.
- TNL reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify, reschedule or supersede the event or any aspect of the event, including guest speakers, if, in their sole discretion, the event is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- Wherever possible changes will be publicised prior to the event and alternative tickets or refunds provided.
- Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of TNL, or their employees, TNL will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of attendance at the event.
- If you require any assistance at our event (such as information about wheelchair access, or if you are hearing or visually impaired) then please email email@example.com