We've partnered with the Royal Opera House on their 2017/18 cinema season to give Times subscribers exclusive access to 2-for-1 tickets to The Royal Opera House Live Cinema Season, at more than 400 cinemas across the UK.
Experience the world’s finest opera and ballet performances in the comfort of your local cinema. The season continues in December with The Royal Ballet’s enchanting production of The Nutcracker, followed in January by David McVicar’s tragic opera Rigoletto, and Puccini’s operatic thriller Tosca in February.
Tuesday, December 5 sees the live screening of Peter Wright’s production of The Nutcracker for The Royal Ballet. With its festive period setting, dancing snowflakes and enchanting stage magic, the ballet has become the perfect Christmas entertainment, with Tchaikovsky’s sumptuous, sugar-spun music the most recognizable of all ballet scores.
David McVicar’s acclaimed production of Verdi’s potent and tragic opera Rigoletto features an excellent cast led by Dimitri Platanias, Lucy Crowe, and Michael Fabiano on Tuesday, January 16.
Drama, passion and fabulous music – Puccini’s operatic thriller Tosca is one of the most performed of all operas, and with its gripping plot and glorious music it’s easy to see why. Catch it live in cinema on Wednesday, February 7.
To redeem, click on "download voucher" in the information box and present the voucher in person at the box office of participating cinemas. It is strongly recommended that you contact your chosen cinema in advance to check availability before visiting the cinema to purchase your tickets.
Voucher must be redeemed by Friday, January 26 at participating cinemas.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the voucher button.
1. Voucher must be presented in person at the box office of a participating cinema in order to receive one free ticket to see The Nutcracker on Tues 5 Dec 2017, Rigoletto on Tue 16 Jan 2018, or Tosca on Wed 7 Feb 2018, with the purchase of an equal or higher priced ticket to the same performance, at participating cinemas only and subject to availability. Any other screenings of these productions are not included in the offer.
2. Voucher must be obtained from The Times+
3. One voucher per member
4. One pair of tickets per voucher
5. Voucher must be redeemed by Friday 26 January 2018
6. Voucher can only be redeemed at the cinema box office during normal box office opening hours and cannot be used for purchases made online, via an iPhone or android app, by telephone or ATMs.
7. Vouchers are for standard seating only and not for private events; IMAX, 3D, D-Box, 4DX VIP, Deluxe or other special or premium seating excluded.
8. Any premium seating or seating upgrades must be paid for on both tickets.
9. Voucher is not valid in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
10. Valid at participating cinemas only.
11. No cash alternative permitted and no refund or alternative voucher will be provided in the event that the voucher is unused or participating performances are not scheduled at your chosen cinema.
12. Voucher is not valid for school bookings, corporate or private hires, or third party bulk tickets purchases and is for your personal use only.
13. No reimbursement for previously purchased tickets will be allowed.
14. Voucher does not give preferential right of access.
15. Discount does not apply to the purchase of 3D glasses, gift voucher codes, food, drink, merchandise or any other goods or services.
16. Re-sale of the voucher is strictly prohibited. Photocopies will not be accepted.
17. Offer not open to employees of participating cinemas, or their agents.
18. Issuing of tickets is subject to the terms and conditions of the selected participating cinema.
19. Cinema terms of admission apply.