One lucky Times subscriber will win a food-themed trip for two to Vietnam, courtesy of activity and adventure travel experts Exodus Travels and Vietnam Airlines.
From savouring the freshest seafood on Halong Bay to marauding the street markets of Hoi An and cycling through the herb gardens of Tra Que village, this food-lovers paradise is too delicious to miss out on.
Each day is packed with culinary-based experiences that are best rewarded with a bia-hoi (local fresh beer) and a perch on the street-side bars to absorb the fascinating culture of this gastronomical land.
As well as enjoying the culinary landscape this trip ensures that the cultural highlights of Vietnam are visited; the conservative north, the rich heritage of the imperial cities, and the vibrant life of Saigon and the Mekong Delta. You'll come face to face with an outgoing culture, where so much goes on in the streets: eating, washing, socialising, buying and selling or impromptu games. This intoxicating parade of Vietnamese daily life may well leave us with our strongest memories, as much as the superb landscapes, the amazing cuisine and the reminders of the distant and the more recent past.
This prize is courtesy of Exodus Travels, which has spent over 40 years perfecting some of the best adventure holidays on the planet; and SkyTrax four star-rated national carrier Vietnam Airlines. The winner and their guest will fly in premium economy with Vietnam Airlines who offer the UK’s only nonstop flights to Vietnam, with three-class daily Dreamliner services from Heathrow T4 to either Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
The winner will also receive an Exodus Travels cookbook, filled with delicious recipes and incredible travel stories from around the globe.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to see the entry button.
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners
2. This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
3. Competition closes at 23:59 on September 10, 2017 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
6. There is one winner and one prize.
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. The prize is includes two places on the Exodus Travels Vietnam Food Adventure, exploring Vietnams sensational cuisine; includes 10 nights comfortable hotels, 1 night boat trip, 1 night standard guesthouse experience, all rooms en suite, 1 night sleeper train; Includes flights from a London airport - two Premium Economy class flights to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City with Vietnam Airlines departing from Heathrow - airport transfers, accommodation and a guide. The prize does not include travel to London. Unless stated otherwise the prize excludes food, drink, spending money and any other costs. The winner and guest must travel together on the same departure. The prize is valid for travel from 1 October 2017 until 30 September 2018, subject to availability and excluding 10 December 2017 – 10 January 2018; 6-26 February 2018; 24 March – 8 April 2018; and 1 July – 10 September 2018.
Prize flights must be booked at least 30 days prior to departure. Travel cannot be changed once the booking has been made. The return flight must be booked at the time of booking the flight departing the UK. Flights are non transferrable and non refundable.
The prize does not include travel costs to and from the departure airports, travel insurance, visas, vaccinations, meals, ground transportation or any other costs of a personal nature not stated (including spending money) for the winner and their companion.
Winners must ensure that they have valid passports, visas, travel insurance and any relevant vaccinations at the time of travel. No responsibility will be taken if the winners are unable to travel due to insufficient documentation.
The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
If any part of the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
12. Winner and guests are responsible for ensuring that they have valid travel documents and adequate insurance.
13. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
14. The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
15. The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
16. Vietnam Airlines normal conditions of carriage apply. See www.vietnamairlines.com for full details.
17. *General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.