One lucky subscriber will win a tutored landscape photography workshop for two at the unforgettable archipelago located between Norway and Iceland, courtesy of Tatra Photography.
A photographer’s dream, this group of small islands rise majestically from the sea with the highest sea cliffs in Europe and mountain peaks soaring to nearly 1000 meters.
As part of a small group the lucky winner and a guest will experience a five-day photography tour of the Faroe Islands with the chance to capture the beauty of their majestic mountains, mighty cascading waterfalls, sweeping fjords, rugged beaches and tiny fishing settlements, which make this destination a photographer’s dream.
Suitable for all levels; from complete beginners to experienced photographers, the Tatra Photography tour can be enjoyed by those using digital or film format. While on location the winner will receive dedicated one-to-one tuition from professional landscape photographer Adam Burton, who will provide guidance on both the technical and creative aspects of landscape photography and advise on how to capture those wow factor images.
This fantastic prize comes complete with a £250 starter kit from photography equipment experts Lee Filters.
The Tatra Photography trip also includes return flights from London Gatwick to the Faroe Islands via Copenhagen, half board accommodation at the Gjáargarður Guest House in Gjógv and the Hotel Føroyar in Tórshavn. Both offer a simple yet stylish accommodation, which blend perfectly into their natural Faroese backdrops.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to enter this competition.
1. Open to United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners
2. This competition is only open to Times Subscribers.
3. Competition closes at 23:59 on January 14, 2018 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be counted.
4. One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
5. To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
6. There is one winners and one prize.
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
8. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
9. The prize is a five-day photography tour of the Faroe Islands. The prize does NOT include the loan or use of a camera (other than the starter kit of lens provided by Lee Filters) and the prize winner will be expected to bring their own camera equipment.The prize includes four nights’ half board accommodation including breakfast and dinner staying two nights at Gjáargarður Guest House in Gjógv and two nights at the Hotel Føroyar in Tórshavn. The prize is available on the following dates: 13-17th June 2018 or 19-23rd June 2019. It cannot be exchanged for cash and is non-transferable and non-refundable. Travel to and from Gatwick is not included as part of the prize. The prize does NOT include any travel or photography insurance, or any travel or other expenses during the trip. Any out of pocket expenses (such as phone, room service, drinks purchases, gifts and food other than half board dinner and breakfast are not included in the prize). If the prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond Tatra Photography’s control, they reserve the right to provide a substitute prize. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so. The Lee Filter 100mm starter kit includes the following items: • Assembled Filter Holder • ProGlass 0.6 standard ND filter specifically designed for digital photography • 0.6 ND Hard Grad • Triple pouch • Cleaning cloth If the prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond Lee Filters’ control, they reserve the right to provide a substitute prize. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
10. The prize is non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
11 The winners may be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Competition.
12. The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
13 *General terms and conditions for competitions apply*.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.
The prize includes four nights’ half board accommodation including breakfast and dinner staying two nights at Gjáargarður Guest House in Gjógv and two nights at the Hotel Føroyar in Tórshavn.