To celebrate being a part of Chris Evans and Vassos Alexander’s first RunFestRun festival, Aussie Grit Apparel are giving two lucky trail runners the chance to win an all-inclusive active holiday of a lifetime.
The prize for two includes two nights/three days staying at the luxury B&B and sporting retreat, Secret Pyrenees, which is nestled at the foot of the magnificent Pyrenees National Park.
By day you’ll take in the stunning views while exploring some of the many splendid running trails with your locally-based guide – one of the UK’s leading extreme ultra endurance athletes and adventure journalists – Tobias Mews.
You’ll also be accompanied by Aussie Grit Apparel founder, ex-Formula One driver and adventure sports enthusiast Mark Webber.
In the evenings, you’ll join them both for private dinners.
Please note, the three-day prize must be taken between October 17-20, 2019.
Image credit: © James Carnegie
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to enter this competition.
Premium Pyrenees Trail Running Holiday Competition (UK Terms & Conditions)
Terms and Conditions
Your entry into the ‘Premium Pyrenees Trail Running Holiday’ Competition (the Competition) is deemed acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions. Information on how to enter this competition and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
The Promoter is Aussie Grit Apparel (UK) Ltd (the Promoter).
Terms of Entry
1. Competition entries can be made from 07.00 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on May 31, 2019 until 23:59 GMT on 21 July 2019 (the Competition Period). Entries received outside the Competition Period will not be eligible or accepted.
2. The Competition is open to permanent residents of the United Kingdom residing in the United Kingdom during the Competition Period.
3. Entrants must be over the age of 18 as at the date of entry.
4. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family shall include: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (including by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, stepsister or first cousin.
5. By entering the Competition you warrant that you meet the entry requirements.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed by
the Promoter to have breached any of the Competition Terms and Conditions or engaged in
unlawful or improper misconduct compromising the fair and just running of the Promotion.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry or individual entering the
Competition at any time.
How to Enter
8. This is a ‘free draw’ competition. No fee or skill is required to enter the competition.
9. To enter eligible individuals must visit the Times+ competition landing page, click enter and input the required details.
10. Multiple entries are not permitted. A maximum of one (1) entry per person, per unique email
address is permitted in total. Multiple entries from the same person at the same email address
will not be eligible. Multiple entries deemed to be from the same entrant using different email addresses shall lead to entry disqualification.
11. Late, incomplete, indecipherable, discriminatory, or otherwise offensive entries will be deemed invalid and will be disqualified.
12. The prize comprises of the following:
A two night/three day premium trail running holiday at the luxury B&B and sporting retreat, Secret Pyrenees courtesy of Aussie Grit Apparel to be taken between 17 October 2019 to 20 October 2019 inclusive (the Prize).
The Prize includes:
- Return flights for the Prize Winner and one adult guest, total of two people (Travelling Party) from their nearest international airport to France (closest available airport on the selected dates) to arrive at Secret Pyrenees (near Lasseube) on either 17/18 October 2019 and depart on either 19/20 October 2019
- Airport transfers in France (UK airport transfers not included) and transport on site to meals and running excursions as required per the itinerary
- 1 x luxury double room for the Travelling Party (or 1 x double room each if twin is required and not available) at Secret Pyrenees B&B and Sporting Retreat on October 17 and/or October 18 and/or October 19 (two nights only)
- An Aussie Grit Apparel running top and bottom chosen from available stock (one set for each the Prize Winner and their guest)
- All meals (dinner on day of arrival; breakfast, lunch and dinner on middle day; breakfast on day of departure)
- Guided trail running excursions in the area local to Secret Pyrenees, led by Tobias Mews and Mark Webber; and,
- Private dinner with Tobias Mews and Mark Webber on both evenings
Note: The Travelling Party will be required to bring trail running shoes, accessories and additional apparel as advised by the Promoter to in order to participate in the Prize activities should they choose to do so.
13. Additional costs and any other ancillary cost resulting from acceptance of the Prize that are not stated as inclusions are not included as part of the Prize and are the responsibility of the for the Prize Winner and their guest. These may include, but are not limited to visa and passport applications, vaccinations, additional taxes, additional transfers, travel insurance, spending money, additional meals and additional sightseeing or activities outside of the Promoters itinerary.
14. The total Prize is valued at GBP5000. The Prize nor any portion thereof, is not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. No compensation will be offered if the Prize Winner is unable to take the Prize as stated.
15. The Travelling Party must be available to be in the Pyrenees for three days between 17 October 2019 and 20 October 2019. This Prize cannot be taken outside of these dates.
16. A credit card imprint or deposit may be required at check-in to the B&B for all incidental charges not included as part of this Prize.
The Prize Judging Process
17. At the completion of the Competition Period a winner will be randomly selected from the valid entries from United Kingdom permanent residents residing in the United Kingdom during the Competition Period by The Times competition department. Their decision will be final and binding.
18. The Times competition department will provide the Promotor with the winner’s details.
19. The Prize Winner will be notified via email within 24 hours of the determination of the Prize Winner by the Promoter. Upon acceptance of the Prize, the Prize Winner's name will be published the Promoter’s social media sites and website for a period determined by the Promoter.
23. The Prize must be claimed by the Prize Winner within three (3) days of being notified.
24. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the Prize Winner within the time specified. If for any reason, the Prize Winner does not claim their Prize, cannot be contacted or cannot meet with these Terms and Conditions the Prize will be forfeited and another Prize Winner will be randomly selected by The Times competition department.
25. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition shall be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence shall be entered into.
26. The Prize Winner acknowledges that third party supplier Terms and Conditions may apply with regards to redemption of the Prize.
27. The Prize Winner agrees to the use and disclosure of their name, photograph and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Aussie Grit Apparel relating to any post-winning publicity.
28. It is the responsibility of the Prize Winner to ensure the Prize Winner and their guest are adequately insured and to ensure that the Travelling Party adheres to relevant safety regulations as set out by the Promoter. It is the responsibility of the Prize Winner to inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or other access requirements for the Prize Winner and/or their Travelling Party when taking up the prize.
29. In the event of the Prize being unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value.
Liability and Release
30. The Prize Winner and their guest acknowledge that as a condition to entry the Promoter, its supplier/s and their affiliates shall be entitled to use any of the material created during the Prize, including but not limited to photographs, sound recordings and video recordings for any purpose, at its absolute discretion.
31. The Prize Winner and their guest agree that the Promoter (and third parties authorised by the Promoter) may make any and all materials created during the Prize available on their social media channels, their website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. The Prize Winner and their guest grant the Promoter (and third parties authorised by the Promoter) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sublicense the material for such purposes.
32. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under relevant UK legislation as well as any other implied warranties or similar consumer protection laws in the United Kingdom.
33. Subject to any applicable legislation the Promoter reserves the right to discontinue the Competition at any time and in its sole discretion may cancel, terminate or modify the Competition without the need to provide compensation to entrants or attempted entrants.
34. The Promoter is not responsible for any losses associated with any change to the value of the Prize or any part thereof.
35. The Promoter makes no representation nor provides any warranty as to the quality or suitability of the Prize offered.
36. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or injury suffered or sustained by or to any person or to personal property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent by the Promoter or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangements for the supply of any goods or services by any person to the Prize Winner and where applicable, to any person or persons accompanying the Prize Winner.
37. The Prize Winner and their guest acknowledges that there are inherent dangers associated with participating in the activities included in the Competition and undertakes and agrees to sign the Promoters Participation Wavier (attached as Schedule 1) prior to accepting the Prize.
38. The Promoter’s decision on all matters relating to the Competition will be final. The Promoter is under no obligation to provide reasons for its decisions or engage in any correspondence with entrants or purported entrants or their representatives on any matters relating to the Competition.
39. Any personal information submitted to the Promoter will be held in accordance with the
Privacy Act. The Promoter reserves the right to disclose personal information of entrants to the
Prize supplier/s and its affiliates assisting with the running of the Competition and fulfilment of the Prize.
40. Personal information collected during the Competition Period may be used for direct marketing
available here https://aussiegritapparel.com/gb/privacy-policy/
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
42. The Competition and Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
- An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
- By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
- Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.