Would you like to cruise to New York whilst sampling some of the culinary world’s finest food and wine in the company of experts? You could win a voyage for two on Queen Mary 2’s Festival of Food and Wine at Sea for seven nights with Cunard and Times Expert Traveller.
You and your guest will be staying in a luxury balcony stateroom aboard Queen the Queen Mary 2 as you make your journey from Southampton to New York. Enjoy a programme of food and wine themed events throughout the voyage with all meals an entertainment included on your trip.
A transatlantic crossing with a twist, you’ll be joined onboard by the best food and wine experts from The Times and The Sunday Times and beyond. Delight in cooking demonstrations, wine tastings and interactive talks with two Michelin stared chef Michel Roux Jr; the food editor of The Sunday Times, Lisa Markwell; award-winning Sunday Times wine writer and vice president of the Sunday Times Wine Club, Will Lyons; and Steven Spurrier, wine consultant and former wine-merchant.
In addition to this expert line-up, Cunard’s own talented chefs, sommeliers and mixologists will host events.
To enter, click on 'enter competition' in the information box.
Please note, you will need to be logged in to enter this competition.
- Open to United Kingdom aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with the competition, including third party promotional partners.
- Competition closes a 23:59 August 11, 2019.
- The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this competition received before the Closing Date.
- The prize is for two people sharing a Balcony Stateroom (BC or BF category subject to availability) on a Queen Mary 2’s Festival of Food and Wine, a seven-night Transatlantic Crossing departing Southampton on 7 June 2020 – M017, subject to availability. The prize includes economy flights from New York to London and transfers between the ship and the airport in New York.
- Upgrades to a different stateroom category are subject to availability and might incur additional costs.
- Prize includes on board entertainment and on board meals. There is an additional cover charge for dining at Steakhouse at The Verandah restaurant and for specialty dining options.
- The prize does not include transportation to Southampton or from the UK airport to home.
- Items of a personal nature such as travel insurance, drinks on board, gratuities, spa treatments and purchases from the shop are not included in the prize.
- The winners will be bound to Cunard’s booking conditions.
- The winning entry will be drawn at random from the valid entries received by closing date. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. No cash alternative will be offered.
- One entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
- To enter you must click ‘Enter competition’ button.
- There is one winner and one prize
- Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided by the winner within seven days after the Closing Date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate, amend or extend this Competition in the event of exceptional circumstances outside its control which affect its ability to operate the Competition. Where the Prize includes tickets for events and/or experiences organized and hosted by third parties, Winner and, where applicable, any accompanying guests shall have to comply with any terms and conditions of such event organizers.
- By participating in the Competition, entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Competition Entities and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs (including attorneys’ fees), losses, damages, fines or injuries (up to and including bodily injury and death) of any kind arising out of or related to: (i) entrants’ participation in the Competition (including travel to/from any Competition activity); (ii) any acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, including those arising from any travel to/from any prize event or activity); (iii) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; and (iv) any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Competition activity and/or prize.
- The rules of this Competition shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
- The promoter of this competition is Times Newspapers Limited (publishers of The Times and The Sunday Times) (the “Promoter”).
- The winner’s details will be shared with Cunard to administer the competition prize. All information will be processed in accordance with their privacy notice which can be found at cunard.com/privacy
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions (unless and to the extent that) the competition states otherwise.
2. The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize.
3. Entry is free but entrants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
4. An eligible entrant must be an individual, must enter on their own behalf, and must submit an entry in the form requested by the Promoter under this promotion including their name, address and e-mail address.
5. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
7. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries, however, by entering, all entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
8. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
9. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
10. The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of the Promoter or its employees, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
12. By entering, any subsequent prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
14. Completion and submission of a registration slip or e-mail will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped envelope to News UK, Competitions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9GF stating for which competition you would like winners’ details.